Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: September Test Day is upon us! Good luck!  (Read 9177 times)

elle-y

• View Profile
Re: 4 Days until September Test Day!
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »
I'm not trying to bring anyone down - I'm simply parodying the TLS-like frenzy that usually ensues days before each administration.

You'll do fine.

When did TLS come around? The frenzy on this board freaked the eff out of me in 2005. I was going to avoid LSD until after the test this time but it's been surprisingly helpful...and calm, really.
3.1 / 156

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2009, 11:43:39 PM »
I'm not trying to bring anyone down - I'm simply parodying the TLS-like frenzy that usually ensues days before each administration.

You'll do fine.

When did TLS come around? The frenzy on this board freaked the eff out of me in 2005. I was going to avoid LSD until after the test this time but it's been surprisingly helpful...and calm, really.

Agreed.

I took a 6 month break from LSD between my first attempt and my retake.

Seems to have worked out.

DiggzDE

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2009, 11:44:52 PM »
Psychoactives are bad, mmmkay?

nygrrrl

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2009, 11:55:39 PM »
VB thanks for the encouragement - I'm going to remember that 9 pt spread.
Diggz, I'm not quite in the same boat... but given my work/family situation, as well as
a very specific focus, it's pretty much Fordham's PT program or wait a year for me, as well.
For some bizarre reason though, I'm not stressed about it:  feel like I've done what I can do,
studied my ass off and now... well, it is what it is!

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2009, 11:57:06 PM »
My concern is my limited number of law schools I want to go to - only based in LA, with a specific legal focus. If I don't get what I want, then I chance having to put off going to law school for an entire year while I wait to try to retake my LSAT score. Anyone else do have to do this?

And I have no clue what the hell to do with a double major in Business Law and International Business if I don't get into law school. lol.

So stress is something I am getting used to because of how badly I want it.

USC/UCLA?

elle-y

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »
Psychoactives are bad, mmmkay?

Took a second...then I laughed.
3.1 / 156

DiggzDE

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2009, 12:13:27 AM »
My concern is my limited number of law schools I want to go to - only based in LA, with a specific legal focus. If I don't get what I want, then I chance having to put off going to law school for an entire year while I wait to try to retake my LSAT score. Anyone else do have to do this?

And I have no clue what the hell to do with a double major in Business Law and International Business if I don't get into law school. lol.

So stress is something I am getting used to because of how badly I want it.

USC/UCLA?

UCLA preferred, but I'm really not thinking I will make the min. 168 scale :( I'm only averaging 164 although sometimes on rare occassions I've gotten 170. So I have no real idea. I could go to LMU Law but that is a drastic difference in ranking.

One reason why I am upset and stressed with where I currently am at on my LSATs.

A 3.59 GPA with a double major in Biz Law and International Biz and only a 164 LSAt won't get me where I want, I don't think.

I know law schools are for everyone but do some schools give some consideration with people whose undergraduate degree has legal basis?

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2009, 12:15:29 AM »
I know law schools are for everyone but do some schools give some consideration with people whose undergraduate degree has legal basis?

The short answer is no.

They might cut some slack for engineering majors though.

DiggzDE

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2009, 12:17:34 AM »

The short answer is no.

They might cut some slack for engineering majors though.
Lame. Super lame because I didn't ask about engineering. lol.

>:(

nygrrrl

• View Profile
Re: 3 Days until September Test Day!
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »
I am chalking this up to being up half the night with 2 sick kids... 161???!?!!!
aaaaghghgh.
 >:(

Sending them to Grandma's, Friday afternoon....