Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: September Test Day is upon us! Good luck!  (Read 9068 times)

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: 10 Days until September Test Day!
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 04:58:09 PM »
nooyyllib has been studying for many months. I did this same thing..taking a day off did NOTHING for me. It didnt help me relax, or come back refreshed, etc. After so much studying..it stays in your brain longer than 1 - 3 days, in my experience.

Also, f-uck these countdown threads..worst idea ever.

I'll never forget when I was sitting in the front row during the June administration. The test was about to start. Then a guy walked in the back door...he was the last student to show up. He went to the front podium to check in. He had nothing in his hands. After he got his test booklet he asked the proctor, "do you have a pencil I can borrow?"

Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

nooyyllib

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »
LoL

Ok,

1. I'm not that crazy, I take only ONE test a day. beginning time goes from 8 or 9 AM.
2. I did take the June 09. zoned out screwed up on the very first section (games) and ended up blasting the whole test.
3. I want to break 170 this 26th.
4. But I'm hitting the slump a little bit.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 05:04:18 PM »
Hey Billy, did you notice a calmness come over you when you sitting in the room during the June test? I certainly did..it was like..ok..this is what I came here to do..let's do it.

Maybe I was more relaxed because I had no problem taking the test multiple times..

I was also bothered that LG was first. I would much rather have this section later in the test. IMO, the section order for June 09 was a nightmare.

LSN

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 05:07:59 PM »
This is interesting - I definitely have an ordering preference but I'm an unsure whether this actually affects anything.  For instance:

- I once had LR on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th sections.  Three straight LR's was a bit brutal.

- I like LG's intermixed somewhere.  While this is actually my worst section, I find them the most relaxing and a nice break from reading.

Also, an optimal situation would be to have LG's first and second.  That way you know you're done with the experimental right away.

That said, I don't feel that the ordering affects my score at all.  The logic remains the same.

nooyyllib

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 05:09:59 PM »
I actually loved my test order for june. i wish i could get it again.

LG/LR/LG/LR/RC

its just for some reason I completely zoned out/flopped on the first LG which was the real one. I ended up getting destroyed in that section, leading to the destruction of the first LR.  I completely destroyed the experimental LG and was praying to God the experimental was real but unfortunately no.

2nd LR was only -3 and RC was -4.

Ugh. and no calmness.  my adrenaline was pumping as I walked in.  Plus I got screwed over by them making last names s-z walk to a different building in the heat. and i was standing in a hallway without AC to get signed into the room. completely screwed me. but no excuses, its done and over with.

I plan on crushing the september test.  

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »
We're all certainly different. I hated having RC last. Would have much rather had the LG & RC flipped.

Of course the logic doesnt change, only your level of mental fatigue.

LSN

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 05:39:38 PM »
My test ordering last October was absolutely ideal IMO. Too bad I bombed that sitting.

LR/RC/LR/LR/LG

OTOH, my second sitting was far less than ideal with RC as my first and third sections. However, I did perform significantly better.

I suppose that is a testament to the "value" of ordering.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 05:41:44 PM »
My test ordering last October was absolutely ideal IMO. Too bad I bombed that sitting.

LR/RC/LR/LR/LG

OTOH, my second sitting was far less than ideal with RC as my first and third sections. However, I did perform significantly better.

I suppose that is a testament to the "value" of ordering.

I got RC as my first and third (also less than ideal for me) on my higher score, so the order doesn't make that big of a difference. RC usually drains me, and I was fine.

haulin_oats

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »
Just got done talking to a good friend of mine who works for LSAC and he informed me that this upcoming test is going to be one of the hardest tests in the history of the LSAT and they're going to be using some new question formats, significantly longer question stems and longer reading comprehension articles. Apparently the higher ranked schools have been putting pressure on LSAC because too many underqualified students are slipping through the cracks and the schools' employment/bar pass rates are getting dinged as a result, thereby screwing up their rankings.

Just a heads up and good luck to everyone taking the exam!

nooyyllib

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 06:59:38 PM »
Don't @#!* around. No way.