Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: September Test Day is upon us! Good luck!  (Read 9189 times)

j_chouu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 11 Days until September Test Day!
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 03:46:30 AM »
september test be hardest ever.

and why's that?

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 06:35:33 AM »

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 10:35:16 AM »
Ah, I was waiting for Julie! There couldn't be an LSAT without her unequivocal foresight!

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Days until September Test Day!
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 01:44:29 PM »
I took 10 practice LSATs in immediate chronological order starting with the older ones ending with the most recent ones.  After each PT, I scored exactly one point lower.  This leads me to the conclusion that, as Julie Fern suggests, the following LSAT will be the hardest ever - and thus, this coming September test will indeed be the hardest ever.

nooyyllib

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 01:53:17 PM »
Ok, so my recent two PTs are below average.

today I took 5 sections straight without any breaks. Thought my head was going to crack. PT went kinda well until it hit section 4.

LRX/LR/RC/LR/LG - Dec 06 with Dec 05 LRX
2 /2 /6 /11/2

I just went over it and yeah. fatigue=rape me.

elle-y

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »
After reading your recent posts I've decided you're setting yourself up for failure. You NEED to take breaks. and you need to take A break. Give yourself a day off. Or at the minimum, review general concepts for a day or two. You KNOW this stuff, but you are exhausted and forgetting the basics because you can't even think straight.

Give it a rest for a few, and come back to it fresh. Otherwise, your real score is going to be terrible.
3.1 / 156

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 04:25:38 PM »
After reading your recent posts I've decided you're setting yourself up for failure. You NEED to take breaks. and you need to take A break. Give yourself a day off. Or at the minimum, review general concepts for a day or two. You KNOW this stuff, but you are exhausted and forgetting the basics because you can't even think straight.

Give it a rest for a few, and come back to it fresh. Otherwise, your real score is going to be terrible.

I agree, you want to replicate taking the real thing as best as possible.  Making yourself more exhausted than you otherwise would be is not actually helpful especially if your endurance is fine as is.  Taking sections while very fatigued will cause you to make sloppy choices, look for shortcuts, and to not properly assess the stimulus because your brain isn't functioning anywhere near high capacity.  So in fact, you cause yourself to learn these sloppy habits.  So in sum, take the breaks, your best chance at success is to do the test as typically administered.

Plus, these lower than expected results may cause (which it seems to be doing) your confidence to decline.  This is also of course something that you desperately want to avoid.

nooyyllib

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 04:28:13 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm going to take a break tonight, but can't fathom not doing it.

I plan on taking thursday and friday leading up to the test.

Yeah, I guess I KNOW the stuff, but I know for sure that my LR and RC isn't up to par. I do some stupid *&^%.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 04:31:47 PM »

Yeah, I guess I KNOW the stuff, but I know for sure that my LR and RC isn't up to par. I do some stupid *&^%.

STOP!  Take one test a day :)  I also get the urge to take two a day.  But again, this isn't a good idea.  Your goal should be ACCURACY.  Don't do anything that you wouldn't typically do on the real thing that would hurt your accuracy.  You're possibly going to pick up bad habits.  Your goal is to score as high as possible on the real thing.  By exhausting yourself, you're not helping yourself reach that goal.  Take a day off, take the test with a break, and you might surprise yourself regarding your score.

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 04:52:46 PM »

STOP!  Take one test a day :)  I also get the urge to take two a day.  But again, this isn't a good idea.  Your goal should be ACCURACY.  Don't do anything that you wouldn't typically do on the real thing that would hurt your accuracy.  You're possibly going to pick up bad habits.  Your goal is to score as high as possible on the real thing.  By exhausting yourself, you're not helping yourself reach that goal.  Take a day off, take the test with a break, and you might surprise yourself regarding your score.

Does this mean you haven't yet taken the LSAT?

When is your scheduled sitting?