Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Top 10 to Boalt/Stanford  (Read 1412 times)

thegourmetpig

• View Profile
Top 10 to Boalt/Stanford
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »
I'm at another top 10, but ranked lower than those two (should be easy to figure out). I just started, but I think I want to be back in California next year for numerous personal reasons. Any tips on what I need to transfer?

Thanks.
Michigan '12

scoop333

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Top 10 to Boalt/Stanford
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
Traditionally, Boalt takes more transfer students (30-40) than Stanford does.  Coming from a top 10 school this would be considered a lateral move, so you do not have to fair as well as many others will have to to make the jump up.  To Boalt I would suggest you should be safe finishing in the top 20%, and with Stanford top 15%, possibly top 10%, just because it is so competitive to get in there, and they do not accept as many as Boalt.  If you have any more questions please feel free to message me.  Good luck!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »
I'm at another top 10, but ranked lower than those two (should be easy to figure out).
Thanks.

yea it was pretty easy to figure out since where you go is in your sig
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »
I'm at another top 10, but ranked lower than those two (should be easy to figure out). I just started, but I think I want to be back in California next year for numerous personal reasons. Any tips on what I need to transfer?

Thanks.

I know a guy who transferred here (Boalt) from Michigan. I don't know his class ranking, but it didn't seem like a huge deal. I'd imagine you probably have to be at least somewhere in the top half of your class to transfer to a peer school (makes sense, right?). Don't know if that's helpful, but people definitely do it!
Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.