Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The decline of LSD activity.  (Read 18678 times)

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The decline of LSD activity.
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
This bit amused particularly amused me:

"Assumption: $180,000 in accumulated debt, 8% interest rate (since some will be lower rate stafford loans)

Let's assume throw CoL to the wind and live in New York City, shall we?

Salary Paycheck Calculator (http://www.paycheckcity.com/NetPayCalc/ ... Result.asp )

Weekly Gross Pay $1,153.85 = 60K/year
Net Pay after all federal, NYS, and NYC taxes: $771.07 = $40K/year, 3,341/month.

Now let's toss 180K at 8% into a loan calculator and try to pay this bad boy down in 30 years. Monthly payment? 1320.78

Subtract it from our net pay above and we get after taxes and loans actual, spendable income of *drum roll* 2020.22 per month for living, eating, and shopping

ZOMG YOU'RE LOANZ WILL NEVAR BE PAID OFF AND U WILL STARTVE

NOBODY IN AMERICA NOW OR EVER HAS EVER SURVIVED ON SUCH A PALTRY SUM!11!11!! LOANZ WILL NEVER EVER BE PAID OFF.

Look, I understand you might not like math... but try it sometimes before you make yourself look /too/ stupid on the internet."

anyone else think this isn't a lot of money to live on for the next 30 years?  i mean for a few years maybe, but 30?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 04:35:36 PM »
LOl, I would assume, or hope one would get at least one pay raise in 30 years. besides isn't there a thing now where after you pay for 25 years the fed drops the rest you owe?
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »
LOl, I would assume, or hope one would get at least one pay raise in 30 years. besides isn't there a thing now where after you pay for 25 years the fed drops the rest you owe?

you might get raises.

you might also get laid off.

no room for hedging, apparently.

i don't know anything about repaying loans.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »
Just an anecdote signally an LSD posting decline.  You know when you post but someone had just posted in the same subject while you're writing your post and a message appears asking whether you'd like to review what you have written.  A common phenomenon formally.  That actually hasn't happened to me in probably at least 6 months. 

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »
I miss that too...  I would sometimes have to click "Post" two or three times until it send actually process.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 06:02:39 PM »
I know you all are sad this no longer happens...but you know you have to option to turn that of right?  ;D
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 06:05:21 PM »
I know you all are sad this no longer happens...but you know you have to option to turn that of right?  ;D

I didn't want to turn it off, it served a very relevant purpose :)

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 06:15:29 PM »
I wonder if all the moderators, as well as the owner of the site, have as strong of an interest in this as PJC (the general decline of activity on LSD, not the warning that a post has been made while you were typing).
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 06:17:59 PM »
I doubt it
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 06:29:58 PM »
I doubt it

I wonder.  I think most people involved would *like* to see this place become a significant and contemporary source of law school advice.  But I don't think that many people care enough to brainstorm and then do something.  As a mod, I have no control over anything this so I guess my brainstorming is futile.