Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GUNNER to be.........  (Read 528 times)

Sheshe

• View Profile
    • Email
GUNNER to be.........
« on: September 09, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »
Omg so I have this guy in my Judicial Process class who constantly spouts off these pointless hypotheticals, and relentlessly tries to prove the professor wrong.  Don't get me wrong I can appreciate meaningful contributions, but he just talks to be talking!  I find him highly annoying!  Is this really the type of behavior I can expect when I finally get to law school.  I just don't know how I'm going to tolerate the rest of the semester.  He irritates the professor and causes class to move along so slowly, until the professor shuts him up that is! OH the flustration... ERR!  >:(
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

~Thomas Jefferson~

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: GUNNER to be.........
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 04:55:45 PM »
There are always a few out there...

Right now, only one out of my 6 classes has a gunner. Just roll your eyes and play solitaire while he/she talks.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GUNNER to be.........
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:15:22 AM »
Omg so I have this guy in my Judicial Process class who constantly spouts off these pointless hypotheticals, and relentlessly tries to prove the professor wrong.  Don't get me wrong I can appreciate meaningful contributions, but he just talks to be talking!  I find him highly annoying!  Is this really the type of behavior I can expect when I finally get to law school.  I just don't know how I'm going to tolerate the rest of the semester.  He irritates the professor and causes class to move along so slowly, until the professor shuts him up that is! OH the flustration... ERR!  >:(

So are you not in law school yet?

In my experience, most gunners learn to shut up after a few months. They'll still have an occasional outburst, but it's not going to be a 7 times a class every class thing like when they first started.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.