Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Considering Law School  (Read 2703 times)

radhika

• View Profile
    • Email
Considering Law School
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:45:22 PM »
I graduated with a BA in Newspaper Journalism and Broadcast Journalism last May. I'm an international student from Malaysia. However, up until recent I've been podering law school in the US. I've been researching schools, I'd like to major Media Law. Does this fall under property law? I tried to google out media law schools and I seem to only encounter few, one being UCLA. If someone could point me in a direction. And perhaps explain to me what my next measure should be, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you

Radhika

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
Re: Considering Law School
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 08:09:59 PM »
You won't have a "major" in law school, so any school should afford you an opportunity to study intellectual property and the law as it relates to media.  Some schools may have stronger programs (more classes, clinics, etc.).

This website has all the general information about applying and choosing a law school: http://www.lsac.org/

radhika

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 02:58:25 PM »
Thank you.

Radhika

squireJons

• beware the law school scam
    • View Profile
    • lawschoolscam.blogspot.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:21:33 AM »
take it from me, as a lawyer, I say this: do not go to law school. It is totally overcrowded with far far more law school grads than jobs.

The job and salary figures given out by the law schools and the NALP are fake.

The law school industry is a 3 billion dollar a year industry designed in put people into debt with little hope of making a living for the most part.

Beware of the Law School Scam, kids!
see http://www.lawschoolscam.blogspot.com