Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Military  (Read 9971 times)

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Military
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »
USN vet here.  I was a Legalman in the JAG Corps!!!  Good to see y'all.

Rysiir

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 05:10:21 AM »
Active USAF here, 7 years in with 3 more to go and then a big decision on whether to do 20 or go guard/reserves and head into Law School.

Tanrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 08:05:43 PM »
Active USAF here, 7 years in with 3 more to go and then a big decision on whether to do 20 or go guard/reserves and head into Law School.

How far over 10 is your current enlistment going to take you?

haus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 11:04:52 PM »
USMC vet, served 4 years active duty back in the early 90s. Thinking of applying to PT programs in the DC area in the 2012 cycle.

Rysiir

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 11:22:46 PM »

Current enlistment will take me to the exact 10 year mark. To the day.

Tanrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »

Current enlistment will take me to the exact 10 year mark. To the day.
[/quote]

Wow, that would be a tough choice.  My third enlistment took me to 13 and pretty much made the decision for me.

wjo9522

• Semper Fidelis
    • View Profile
    • Marine Officer
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »

You should be making that decision now.  Please take advantage of the great officer programs that the USAF has to offer before you leave 10 years on the table.  Be sure to consider another service or stay reserves if you can.  Don't let all that time go to waste. 
William J. Orr
Chief Warrant Officer
US Marine Corps-Active
1993-2015
Semper Fidelis

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »

You should be making that decision now.  Please take advantage of the great officer programs that the USAF has to offer before you leave 10 years on the table.  Be sure to consider another service or stay reserves if you can.  Don't let all that time go to waste.

AGREED.  Don't let that time go to waste.  I am a retired CWO4 who is quite happy to collect VA Ch. 33 along with a nice retirement check...
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

mechgirl2105

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 05:51:00 AM »
I'm late on this one too, but US Navy.  still working on my bachelors hoping to apply for the entering class in 2013 to Harvard, Cornell and as for the rest i'm still making my list.  If you can get into Harvard or Cornell, it is a great opportunity with the yellow ribbon program.  You could walk away with virtually no debt if you used TA while on active duty.  There are others too but i'm still researching.

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 04:05:43 AM »

There are (or were) a limited number of slots for fully paid schooling (tuition plus salary).  Additional commitment, of course, but it's hard to imagine a better way of going through law school.  Hard to get, but harder to beat.  Worth checking into.

Thane.

AGREED.  Don't let that time go to waste.  I am a retired CWO4 who is quite happy to collect VA Ch. 33 along with a nice retirement check...