Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Better to apply now before retaking LSAT?  (Read 577 times)

trippstrat

• View Profile
Better to apply now before retaking LSAT?
« on: September 02, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »
I'm just wondering if it may be better to apply now to a school that is accepting applications Sep.1.  I'm retaking the LSAT Sep. 26.  If my previous LSAT score is not that great, would I be better to just wait and apply in mid October with my new score (assuming it will be a little better) or apply now and notify the school that I will be retaking the LSAT.  Sorry, a little confused about this whole process!  Thanks for any help.

lawlawlaw77

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Better to apply now before retaking LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:02:43 PM »
Be careful that your new LSAT score is high enough to make a difference.  It pays to read the multiple-LSAT policies of schools you are applying to.  It is also a good idea to try and get some info from lawschoolnumbers regarding individuals who have applied to your target schools with multiple LSATs.

With my work/family I was in a position that a re-take would not result in much more than a 2-4 point difference...  Where LSAC basically recognizes a +/- 3pt point difference on the test (margin of error, bad test day, etc...)  a 4pt difference is not worth holding off applying.

I mean, as of today there are 5 top-14 school that are accepting apps... For me, I feel that being early is a much greater advantage.  But hey, if you are going to kill it on the next LSAT by all means do so.  Worst case scenario, you take it late and are better off waiting for next year's cycle.

I hope the best for you and good luck!