Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I had to do it...chances?  (Read 1753 times)

UAwildcat

• View Profile
I had to do it...chances?
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:29:54 AM »
Ok, well here it is guys. I am hoping to get some input on my chances at the schools I am applying to for next fall. I appreciate any insight any of you can give...on any if it :)
Here is me:
- LSAT: 154
- GPA: 2.82
- Softs: Student body gov., numerous university committees, business chair for largest student-run fair in US,  lots of volunteer work, internship during UG, etc.
- LOR's : three very strong letters; from a professor, an employer of 4 years, and the director of a non-prof. legal aid group I volunteer with.
- Three misdemeanors from highschool days, all over 5 years in the past with not even a trafic ticket since.

The Schools:
- Arizona State U. (PT)
- U. of Denver (PT)
- Thomas Jefferson
- John Marshall (Atl. & Chicago)
- Cleveland State
- Roger Williams
- U. of Toledo
- Creighton
- U. of Akron
- N. Illinois U.
- S. Illinois U.
- Widener
- St. Mary's U.
- South Texas
- Texas Wesleyan

Any school suggestions would be helpful too. Thanks to everybody who chimes in!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I had to do it...chances?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:56:57 AM »
ASU is probably a stretch, and maybe Denver is a bit of a reach, but at a rough glance, I'd say you have a good shot at all of your other schools.

If I were you, I'd throw a few more reaches out there for sport.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

jeeptiger09

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 02:08:17 AM »
Denver and ASU are probably reaches for you, but the rest look alright as long as you apply early.  Your numbers don't provide you with the luxury of waiting to apply, so get your stuff in early in the process.

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 07:54:20 PM »
Advice? Prep and retake the LSAT in December... a higher score will only increase your options, both at better schools and with better scholly offers.
Good luck...

Ok, well here it is guys. I am hoping to get some input on my chances at the schools I am applying to for next fall. I appreciate any insight any of you can give...on any if it :)
Here is me:
- Softs: Student body gov., numerous university committees, business chair for largest student-run fair in US,  lots of volunteer work, internship during UG, etc.
- LOR's : three very strong letters; from a professor, an employer of 4 years, and the director of a non-prof. legal aid group I volunteer with.
- Three misdemeanors from highschool days, all over 5 years in the past with not even a trafic ticket since.

The Schools:
- Arizona State U. (PT)
- U. of Denver (PT)
- Thomas Jefferson
- Cleveland State
- Roger Williams
- U. of Toledo
- Creighton
- U. of Akron
- N. Illinois U.
- S. Illinois U.
- Widener
- St. Mary's U.
- South Texas
- Texas Wesleyan

St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

UAwildcat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 11:28:44 AM »
I did not mention the word advice, did I? What do you know about anything, Rob. I have plenty of $ and don't need to go to a great school to get a good job. Thanks for the "advice" though, four-star sr. citizen. Why don't YOU go back and re-take the LSAT, because I am sure whatever score you got could be improved. I mean why not take it a third time to better your odds of getting into a better school with better scholly offers and still a long shot at a spot in the copy room?

Advice? Prep and retake the LSAT in December... a higher score will only increase your options, both at better schools and with better scholly offers.
Good luck...

Here is me:

The Schools:
- Arizona State U. (PT)
- U. of Denver (PT)
- Thomas Jefferson
- Cleveland State
- Roger Williams
- U. of Toledo
- Creighton
- U. of Akron
- N. Illinois U.
- S. Illinois U.
- Widener
- St. Mary's U.
- South Texas
- Texas Wesleyan

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »
lol.

crossingmyfingers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »
lol.
agreed.  btw, Denver wont touch you with those numbers.  you wont even make the WL

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 09:23:50 PM »
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »
Well now, I do apologize for offering my unsolicited advice in response to your request "I appreciate any insight any of you can give...on any if it". I'm certain that you will have a successful law school admission cycle with your B- GPA and your 63rd %tile LSAT score. As for not needing to go to a great school to get a good job, you're absolutely correct there as well.. and your proven academic success bodes well for your placement options.
Good luck there, champ.

I did not mention the word advice, did I? What do you know about anything, Rob. I have plenty of $ and don't need to go to a great school to get a good job. Thanks for the "advice" though, four-star sr. citizen. Why don't YOU go back and re-take the LSAT, because I am sure whatever score you got could be improved. I mean why not take it a third time to better your odds of getting into a better school with better scholly offers and still a long shot at a spot in the copy room?

Good luck...

Here is me:

The Schools:
- Arizona State U. (PT)
- U. of Denver (PT)
- Thomas Jefferson
- Cleveland State
- Roger Williams
- U. of Toledo
- Creighton
- U. of Akron
- N. Illinois U.
- S. Illinois U.
- Widener
- St. Mary's U.
- South Texas
- Texas Wesleyan

St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY