Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Dilemma with focuses  (Read 614 times)

aca24

• View Profile
Dilemma with focuses
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:35:55 PM »
I know i want to go to law school because law generally interests me. money is not that big of an issue.  i am not sure if i want to become a lawyer but i definitely want to go to law school.  I have dreams of going into the NCIS for a special agent.  Would it be beneficial for me to have a focus that pertains to that type of job? (admiralty, naval, military, etc) or something that interests me (criminal, civil rights)? i am totally clueless on this, and i still have a couple years to think about it.  Any help or suggestions would be really beneficial :) thank you ahead of time.

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Dilemma with focuses
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 01:05:06 PM »
I am having a little trouble understanding why you would want to go to law school if you do not want to become a lawyer. Sure, I can think of instances where a law degree may be helpful with some other professions, but it is completely unnecessary to achieve your goals. You only need a baccalaureate degree to become a NCIS special agent, so attending law school for three years would be not only a waste of time, but a huge waste of money.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred