Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Change PS topic?  (Read 515 times)

applicantcycle10

• View Profile
Change PS topic?
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:41:49 AM »
I need an opinion: ???
 I was told it is better to write  about what aspirations lead me to realization that I want to be a lawyer vs. writing about myself and how I my experiences (ethnic and socioeconomic) shaped me as an individual.
I thought that anyone can write about how they had an internship at the law firm, or how they want to change the world, or how they want to be a corporate lawyer (I don't  :) )  but each applicant has a unique story, which will add to the diversity of particular school.
I am debating whether to re-write mine or not.
P.S. I have a pretty good GPA and less than good LSAT, not aiming for any top schools, pretty much aiming at being admitted at all :-[ (Part-Time... have to work, got kids)

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Change PS topic?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »
Write about you.  They know you want to be a lawyer and probably don't care why, at least not as much as they care about whether you're a person who will contribute a unique perspective to class discussion.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Change PS topic?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »
Write about you.  They know you want to be a lawyer and probably don't care why, at least not as much as they care about whether you're a person who will contribute a unique perspective to class discussion.

This, they don't care why you want to be a lawyer
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.