Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: back up plan- is this plausible?  (Read 576 times)

Pattymac

• View Profile
    • Email
back up plan- is this plausible?
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:05:51 PM »
I've already explained in another thread that I've calculated my LSAC GPA to be far lower than my GPA listed on my transcript due to classes that I retook.

My question is this. I'm finishing up this year and writing the December LSAT.  I want to go to either Wayne State or Michigan State.  I think I can hit a 160+ on the LSAT as I have been studying intensively.  Say I get a 160, finish with a GPA around 2.8 and get rejected from both schools. My GPA will be locked once I apply to graduate, but what if I went back and finished with a minor? I would need three to six more classes and if I aced them, would potentially help my GPA...all while I study for the September exam, rewrite in September w/ hopefully a better score and then re apply.  If I go back and get a minor will this factor into my LSAC calculated GPA?  I will have somewhere around 46-48 University credits at the end...

Thanks in advance.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: back up plan- is this plausible?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »
Your post isnt completely clear. Once you are granted a bachelors degree, the GPA stops there. If you can start the minor before you graduate, then yes, it will count towards your LSAC GPA.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:30:15 PM »
I don't see you getting rejected from either school with a 160, 2.8 GPA
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

dtspika71

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:02:28 PM »
I don't see you getting rejected from either school with a 160, 2.8 GPA

OMG I was in the same boat...

retook two classes becuase of failing grades...I was in a frat - BIG MISTAKE - anyway, schools do take those failing grades into consideration, HOWEVER it might not hurt you if you showed a steady incline of improving grades after your failing classes. This is what many admissions people have explained to me, also you might want to write an addendum on your personal statement explaining why the failing grades...

Either way, DO NOT let this blemish discourage you!