Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What are the chances of increasing my score 15 points between now and Sept 26th?  (Read 4948 times)

180now

• View Profile
    • Email
I know I'm not prepared for the sept test. So, I'll be taking the dec one. A lot of people have told me that the December test is harder so that's why in part  so many advisors say take the test in September. But that's not my reality.

I'd rather score 160+ in December than a 135-150 in september. Prep courses, it seems to me, teach their particular strategy. One of the unsaid marketing hooks utilized in their pitch is that the course itself is study. I mean don't get me wrong if I could afford to take a class I would to supplement my practice. 

My ego is full of unwarranted assumptions.

dtspika71

• View Profile
I know I'm not prepared for the sept test. So, I'll be taking the dec one. A lot of people have told me that the December test is harder so that's why in part  so many advisors say take the test in September. But that's not my reality.

I'd rather score 160+ in December than a 135-150 in september. Prep courses, it seems to me, teach their particular strategy. One of the unsaid marketing hooks utilized in their pitch is that the course itself is study. I mean don't get me wrong if I could afford to take a class I would to supplement my practice. 

who says the test is harder??? granted some tests are "easier" than others in some respect to the person who is taking them but how does the statement that the Dec. is harder hold any weight? The old rumor was the Feb. test was the hardest becuase the questions are never released to the public. These are just rumors that are basically baseless...

and heres another rumor for you...the buzz around my neck of the woods is that this upcoming tests has a circular linear game on it...just like rumor had it the previous test had that complex in/out dinasour game on it...yet it could have been a lucky guess...

what is true of one thing isnt true of everything else...could just be a lucky guess, I mean we are studying the bassis of logic here lets apply what we know about the LSAT to the real world

!закон и право!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
A lot of people have told me that the December test is harder so that's why in part  so many advisors say take the test in September.

Nein nein nein nein nein NEIN!!!!

Sie sind falsch!

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
A lot of people have told me that the December test is harder so that's why in part  so many advisors say take the test in September. But that's not my reality.

Don't take these people's advice for anything.  It's a standardized test.  It would defeat the purpose if certain tests were perceptibly harder than others.

john.wojcik

• View Profile
    • Email
Without and preparation, I took the LSAT and scored a 155. After 3 months into a prep course, I am still consistently scoring in the mid-150s.

With enough time, I can nail any game. But within 35 minutes, I can get to 2.5 or 3 games, with a loss of accuracy due to the time limits.

I have 3 weeks until the test. Any advice?

js11287

• View Profile
    • Email
Honestly, with that much time left, you probably won't get up to the speed that will let you get all four games finished. Make sure you scan all four briefly and then do them in the order from easiest to hardest, so that you can be sure that the ones that you are doing you will do well on (and probably allow you to actually complete more questions in the long run). But instead of rushing to do the maximum amount of questions, focus on getting the most amount CORRECT.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
I'm currently enrolled in a PS prep course. My diagnostic score on day one of the course was 136. I took the test for the second time today and I still only scored 141. I'm currently registered for the September LSAT. But if my score only increased by five points in the first three weeks of the course, is it reasonable to think I can bring it up another 15 points over the next month?

Also, is it reasonable to expect my speed to improve dramatically over the next month? The time factor is killing me. I typically run out of time with about 7-8 questions remaining on each section.

uh oh.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
this is exactly why these overpriced prepcourses are a joke...

Kinda swatting a fly with a hammer there, ain't ya?

julie can tell you, that rarely work.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
I know I'm not prepared for the sept test. So, I'll be taking the dec one. A lot of people have told me that the December test is harder so that's why in part so many advisors say take the test in September. But that's not my reality.

december test be hardest ever.

Yhezel

• View Profile

1. A December 155 looks better than a September 145 followed by a December 155.

2. On average, it seems there is a drop of a few points from the diagnostics to the real thing (anxiety, etc...)

3. $66 shouldn't nudge you in one direction or the other.

That said, You should take it WHENEVER you feel confident that you can realistically perform at your best level. Going into the test with doubts about how prepared you are could be deadly. And if you do decide to go for September Good Luck.