Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?  (Read 18047 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2009, 11:16:56 PM »
You all a bunch of elitist entilted assholes. There I said it. Not like you did not know I would say that, but still its out there, ponder that. By the way it does seem like there is a sense of entitlement in this thread. Like the law firms should be interviewing at your schools should be hiring people from your schools, like that is their job or something. Like they OWE you that. Law firms having bigger things to worry about in this economy than finding you a job.

You should all be really grateful that a) firms are hiring at all, b) firms are coming to your schools to do it, c) relatively speaking its takes every little effort on your part to get in front of these people for an interview (compared to someone who does not have OCI).

Jesus Christ, get some prospective you all acting like these firms owe you an interview because you go to school X or Y. Get over yourselves and be glad you’re not fitghting it an some T4 for the 3 OCI slots they have open.  I’m sorry OCI is not resulting in all of you getting Cravath offers, but for crying out loud your all doing better than most law students. Things could be a lot worse you know than having 10 interviews in the worst economy in 60 years, like having NONE. Be gratefull for what you have instead of bitter about what you think you deserve.

Do you even read these threads before you post, or do you just look at the thread title and copy and paste this same rant every time?  We get it man, 1) you don't like T14 elitists, 2) you are awesome tha got lots of job offers, even though they weren't handed to you. Why don't you just put those two things in your sig, then you won't have to make another 6000 posts saying the same exact thing.

To the 2Ls, don't worry about what this guy says, it seems like he's just looking for any opportunity to make another one of his self-congratulatory posts. The entitled/elitist BS in his rant is not at all the vibe I got from this thread. Good luck to you all.

Yes, I'm smater, better loking, nice and an all around better guy than you. And you know it. Yet your sense of sacrasm meter is broken dipshit.

If you can’t see that this thread is just oozing with “whoa is me I only got X interviews, the sky is falling paranoia” and someone needs to step in the slap some reality around to help folks relazie that as things go there still doing pretty good rather than wanting to quit school becuase X number of calls back then you’re too stuck on your high horse and need to come down here and play with me in the slop for awhile.

You want to personally attack me, that’s fine but I’ll cut you like a little female dog if you continue. I’ll put my body of work and advice I have given to posetrs T14 and T4 and everything in between on this forum up any day against your poo. So step the %^&* back or it’s on.

<pulls knife with best westside story grimice>

What does your body of posts, which I agree is much more extensive than mine, have to do with you calling the 2Ls assholes in this thread. I agree you're generally helpful, but that's not what I got from that post. All I see here in that post is some unwarranted name calling. It was weird and uncalled for, even if it's called for in other threads. I really don't see the thread oozing with what you say it is - is it possible for you to read a thread about people talking about their OCI disappointments without it being about elitism/entitlement? But whatever, I'll let you get the last word after this.

First off I did not callout an individuals as a-hole, it was a class of assholes including everyone in thread as a group. inculduind your classmates and nothers. If I want to call somomeout individually, I will and they will know it.

Re-read the threads, the purpose of the thread and the responses themselves. The threat was created to find out how many OCIs other were getting. Then it begin commiseration about how bad it was, how crappy the firms were that dropped out of did not call back. Latter it was how crappy the firms were TTT that did no call back. Throughout the thread the comparison was made to other school and other years for how bad this years have compared to then. Maybe a better wrd than elitest would have been "self centeerted" belief that they are owned something simly becuase that school use to do well for classes behind tham, so where's my cookike?

No discussion of how it might be worse for others, or how the firms that are not hiring may be smart or doing that on purpose because they are already over stretched. From beginning to end it was filled with, either oververtly, or maybe so unnoticeable to those in it, that they somehow deserved better OCI then they got. That I have a problem with, we desiver only what we get, not what we think we are owed for nothing more than bidding ona frim a week ago you likley did not even know existed.

Yes firms have always hired for you schools, but no so much this year. It sucks yes, but it not the end of the world. Like if all firms decided to sit out 2010 OCI what would you say then. You would all be pissed off because you have come to expect firms hiring from your school every year. Call it what you want, but its entitlement plain and simple. You all feel your entitled o the same things your classmates where, damn the economy those firms should be thing about US, not them. That’s how it comes across.

I really don’t care how you our anyone else finds a job, but if you strike out in OCI, as some of you will, then the only other option out there is what I have been recommended for years. Once you get past your deer in the headlights OCI thing and it does not work, your either going to have to admit this your you weren’t so elite, or realize its not the purpose of firm to hire folks in a down economy, no is it that you’re a bad lawyer because you did not get picked.

You got no right, other than a self centered elitism view of this whole thing to female dog that firm X only took 4, or firms Y dropped out. Many of you are acting like you deserve a job. An if that job the one you think fits your level and status, does not come, then some of you might drop out. That’s not elitist? For all the people in this thread missing out, IS ANYONE but me offer in constructive advice on what do if that happens. No. So its not advice you want to hear, sorry, what you want hear is its all going to be better, and those mean firms screwed us, cause they OWED us.

Whatever. You got any advice for them in the choices between no OCI or quitting school, or are you just here to attack me because I might have bruised your ego in the shotgun blast that was my post. Secondly I always use myself as a example, I know you love to think its because I want qudduios for what I have done. Actually that part I could care less about. I use myself as an example, because unlike 99.99% of LSD posters I HAVE ACTUAL DONE ALL THE *&^% I TALK ABOUT. Believe me, my life and intellectual pursuits would be much easier if I could just take the low road, talk out of my ass like an expert and let people believe me. Instead I make in plainly clear by using myself as an examples, that I’ve walked the talk. While others just walk backwards and talk out of their asses. 
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2009, 02:04:36 AM »
WTF was that.

Drunk Wally taking ?s.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2009, 07:55:07 AM »
whayever, welcome to the new meaner Matthies. I say what I wanna say. Also I was pretty drunk when I wrote that, I should post drunl more often to get a rise out of all of you.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2009, 07:57:20 AM »
Oh and I just bought a Mac Book Pro, so I'm also more trendy than you.

The MBP is so 2006.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2009, 09:34:47 AM »
Oh and I just bought a Mac Book Pro, so I'm also more trendy than you.

The MBP is so 2006.

Its my first forey into the dark side of computing

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2009, 09:36:36 AM »
Some good news:

Study: US Government Will Need to Go on Hiring Binge, Legal Jobs Included
Posted Sep 3, 2009, 06:31 am CDT
By Debra Cassens Weiss

A study by a think tank says the federal government needs to hire more than 270,000 workers in “mission-critical” jobs, and the legal sector is one of five fields where more workers are needed.

The study by the Partnership for Public Service says hiring will need to be beefed up, partly to replace retiring baby boomers, the Washington Post reports. More workers will also be needed to handle new challenges planned by the Obama administration, such as repair of the financial sector and climate change.

The survey says most of the new workers will be needed in five fields: medical, security, law enforcement, legal and administrative. A separate chart published by the Washington Post puts the number of legal hires needed at 23,596, and says the total number of federal employees in the legal field currently stands at 75,420.

The story says the study, based on a survey of 35 agencies, is “necessarily imprecise,” since it depends on unknowns such as actual retirements, government use of outsourcing, and Congress’ budget appropriations.

Max Stier, president and chief executive of the Partnership for Public Service, told the newspaper that, despite the bad economy, many federal agencies will have to fight to attract top talent, especially in fields where private-sector salaries are higher than government pay.

The fields most likely to see competition with the private sector, he said, are legal, medical and information technology.

http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/study_us_government_will_need_to_go_on_hiring_binge_legal_jobs_included

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »
whayever, welcome to the new meaner Matthies. I say what I wanna say. Also I was pretty drunk when I wrote that, I should post drunl more often to get a rise out of all of you.

Lol, you're a strange guy.

Anyone can bash TTTs and get their students riled up. But I’m one of the few who can do it to the T14 and get all you guys to stop your bitter infighting between Mich, Vandy, CCN, and HYS. That takes talent. Only a true instigator can get you all to stop back bighting and fighting against a common enemy. I am the TTT bashing yang/yang, I take it to the streets man.   

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »

Lol, you're a strange guy.

Anyone can bash TTTs and get their students riled up. But I’m one of the few who can do it to the T14 and get all you guys to stop your bitter infighting between Mich, Vandy, CCN, and HYS. That takes talent. Only a true instigator can get you all to stop back bighting and fighting against a common enemy. I am the TTT bashing yang/yang, I take it to the streets man.  

You were the only person riled up. I imagine everyone else is just doing a combination of cringing/laughing/rolling their eyes at your last few posts as you alternate between insanity and terrible attempts at humor.

That's my job here. Got you out of your UC cave didn't it?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »
Anouther decent arctile from the ABA pertaining to job search, although I WTF at the suggested conversation starters.

Reluctant to Network? Try These Tips and ‘Starter Questions’
Posted Aug 18, 2009, 09:00 am CDT
By Debra Cassens Weiss

Lawyers who are reluctant to network often voice fears that they don’t know how to make conversation, or that the conversations they join are shallow and boring.

Lawyer coach Debra Bruce says lawyers will find it easier to break the ice if they come equipped with starter questions to get the conversation rolling. Writing in the Legal Intelligencer, she lists several examples, including:

• How is the economy affecting you or your business?

• If you were the president, how would you fix ___? (Fill in the blank yourself).

• What kind of summer vacations did you enjoy as a kid?

• How is your workplace handling generational differences?

Lawyers don’t need a snappy comeback or brilliant insights during these conversations. But it is important to listen and ask follow-up questions. Afterward, lawyers can send articles to the people they meet on the subject of their conversations.

Bruce offers other tips. One of them: Go to networking events with the goal of helping other people, even if it’s pointing them to the restroom or suggesting an online resource. Another tip: Networking is about building relationships, so lawyers will need to make repeat appearances.

http://www.abajournal.com/weekly/reluctant_to_network_try_these_tips_and_starter_questions

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2009, 11:48:13 AM »
If someone asked me about my favorite summer vacations as a kid, I would walk away.  Then again, I'm not exactly the most socially adept guy.