Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?  (Read 17994 times)

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2009, 09:24:29 PM »
i don't get the whole "get a job at OCI or dropout" mentality.  what else are you going to do?  do you have a useful undergrad degree or something? 

Well this is certainly an issue, and indeed, I ended up in law school because my UG degree was so bloody useless I was working in a grocery store.

I don't know what I'm going to do.  Literally every waking moment that I'm not interviewing I'm either having heart palpitations from abject terror or nearly in tears.

At least I can f-ing think.

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2009, 09:25:29 PM »
I don't know what I'm going to do.  Literally every waking moment that I'm not interviewing I'm either having heart palpitations from abject terror or nearly in tears.

maybe you should write a book: "how to live with terror".

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:26 PM »
Well this is certainly an issue, and indeed, I ended up in law school because my UG degree was so bloody useless I was working in a grocery store.

Seriously chill out.  The job market sucks.  It's not like you can do anything about it.  What are your stats?  I'm a transfer to a T10 and don't have any CBs and I know a lot of people here with 0-1...

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2009, 09:42:52 PM »
T25 -> MVP transfer.  I was just outside top 15% at my old school, I also had a notably bad first semester about which interviewers have been commenting  >:(  Secondary journals at both schools. 

Obviously I'm not in awful shape compared to many, many people. 

But I'm thinking I'm not eligible for gov't work because of a colorful past.

I do feel a little better now that I'm prepping for a public defender interview tomorrow, but I'll feel like *&^% if I don't get a callback from that one because my resume etc. screams public defender.

maybe you should write a book: "how to live with terror".

Seriously, I already have decided that I cannot have children because I'm just too high strung.  They'll, like, try going down a slide or something and I'll faint.

eat it

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
"Fake" callbacks sound ridiculous.  Cause those firms definitely would have called me back if it was just for shits and giggles.  I'm fun.

I wake up every day and think this about you.  Picked out our Murray Hill place yet?  I require a doorman.

Obviously.  We're getting a 4 or 5 bedroom, depending on how many of my friends get jobs.

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2009, 10:45:36 PM »
Seriously, I already have decided that I cannot have children because I'm just too high strung.  They'll, like, try going down a slide or something and I'll faint.

wait so you're actually like this in real life too?

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2009, 11:03:50 PM »

wait so you're actually like this in real life too?

Well not so much in public.  My poor boyfriend gets the brunt of it.

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »
Well not so much in public.  My poor boyfriend gets the brunt of it.

ha.

be nice to him.

oh, and you'll be fine.  worry less.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
Found out my callbacks are "fake" and am now getting rejections from lower V100s.  All my interviews have been going terribly.

Seriously considering dropping out.  

Stop thinking like this. Odds are more than once in your career your going to find yourself without a job. What are you going to do then when there is no “OCI” to save you? Give up on being a lawyer because you have to search for a job on your on? Its tough out there, no doubt, but there are ways to land decent jobs other than OCI. If OCI does not work then you turn to plan B, giving up is not even an option. You won’t have the choice to give up when you got a mortgage, family and other bills. Snap out of it, your smart and you can be successful even if OCI does not pan out.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2009, 12:16:33 PM »
Is this sentence pretentious?  I need to start a paper in a way that doesn't blow.

"Proposition 8 teeters above a political abyss, and common sense tells us that irreconcilable views about the definition of marriage, equally cherished by their proponents, cannot co-exist."