Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?  (Read 18134 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2009, 03:11:21 PM »

LOL, yea, its an outdoorsy place. How do you know someone is from Denver? Becuase they have a 4k bike on top of thier 1k car.

Oh my god I hate bicycles.

I'm not big into the outdoors, and I love it here. On another plus side, there are plenty of tattoo/piercing shops in my area.

I do like tattoos, though.

So when you all are accepting offers are they giving you any assurance that they will have a summer program next year? Or is it something they just are not talking about. Thatís what scares me the most about OCI this year, is your hoping they are going to actually have a summer program a year from now. Letís hope things get better, but if they get worse I bet there will be at least some people left out come next year with nothing on the back burner.

We haven't really gotten to this part yet.

You really think that places will go through OCI, make offers, and then cancel their programs?  I guess I can't say that it's not totally inconceivable but it seems like a lot of time + expense, especially since so many places have already cancelled.

Well law is one of those few industries that hire 1 year out. Most others donít. We donít know where we are going to be in a year. Unless I had a written guarantee that I had a job 1 year from now I would proceed over the next 12 months like had a ĎmaybeĒ offer contingent on things not getting worse, and hence keep my other options open (networking, keep in contact with professors for SAs, inquire about clerking ect.). Law firms are adjusting to this new market just like we are, they donít know anything other than hire 1 year out, so they may find that model just does not work anymore. I dunno, but things are changing. With many of this years new SAís not starting until next year that seems like a chance for there to be too many new lawyers, not enough work, with summers getting the short end because SA have contracts/offers.  As for Tattoos, seriously, there is a tattoo shop, piecing shop, unground club like on every corner in my hood.   
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »
Anyway, I don't know why people have the idea that secondary markets are hiring.   

Its seems to be OK here, not great, but OK, not alot of layoffs, and some new stuff poping up each week. Come out west.

I might consider it, although I really hate the outdoors and that seems to be something that you need to be into to really fall in love with Denver.

I got a callback though.  Embarrassed by my overreacting, now (not that that's the first time THAT'S ever happened).

lol.

<---curious.

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »
also, i think it's generally unlikely that firms will cancel their summer programs after they've hired a summer class.  if there was a summer for that, it was this past one.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2009, 06:25:52 PM »
I am willing to go anywhere, for anyone, to do virtually anything ITE.  Denver, Anchorage, Banana City -- I'm geographically flexible.

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2009, 07:23:32 PM »
I am willing to go anywhere, for anyone, to do virtually anything ITE.

See you in the JAG Corps.
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2009, 09:33:06 PM »
Attempt #1 to delude ourselves: Economy will make staggering comeback and firms will decide to hire more summers in spring!

Attempt #2: Economy will make staggering comeback and we will make out like banshees at 3L OCI!

Ok.. that's about all I can think of.  Will try to think of more.  :(

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2009, 09:59:20 PM »
I am willing to go anywhere, for anyone, to do virtually anything ITE.

See you in the JAG Corps.

chicks dig a man in uniform, wally

Wally in the military can only end in lulz.

Nice that you changed your name back to the original, reez . . . I've been considering a return to the original avatar myself.  So are you officially taken yet?
At least I can f-ing think.

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 10:31:54 PM »
Nice that you changed your name back to the original, reez . . . I've been considering a return to the original avatar myself.  So are you officially taken yet?

can i request that you change back to original name also?  i still think of you as dischord.

hooloovoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 10:52:49 PM »
In other callback news, I am going out tomorrow night for a pre-cb dinner... with three twenty-something female associates.  Awkward?

i don't see why it would be, unless you're worried you won't be able to avoid sexually harassing them.

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »
Back to the original.

In other callback news, I am going out tomorrow night for a pre-cb dinner... with three twenty-something female associates.  Awkward?

Big pimpin'?  I like it.  You'll probably get the offer haha.

Where was today's firm and where is tomorrow night's?

I got another callback at a crazy hail mary firm later this afternoon.  Pretty shocked.  Would probably take it immediately (and might be a fool not to).
At least I can f-ing think.