Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?  (Read 18209 times)

NeverTrustKlingons

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »
Well, if you're the breadwinner your SO's opinion on where s/he wants to live isn't outcome-determinative.
I'll never trust a Klingon.  Klingon bastards killed my son.  -- Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise NCC-1701

IlliniBoy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2009, 01:32:16 PM »
Well, if you're the breadwinner your SO's opinion on where s/he wants to live isn't outcome-determinative.

LOL

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2009, 01:42:45 PM »
What the hell kind of breadwinner am I going to be with a state/local gov't job?  If he has to keep a job then this market is an absolute no because his industry here is practically nonexistent.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure that if faced with the choice between having to stay here indefinitely and breaking up with me to move back home, he'd choose the latter.  And believe me, this is not a comment on how much he cares about me/our relationship -- he really, REALLY hates this place that much.

I don't really want to live here, either.

Anyway, I don't know why people have the idea that secondary markets are hiring.   
At least I can f-ing think.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2009, 02:41:09 PM »
Anyway, I don't know why people have the idea that secondary markets are hiring.   

Its seems to be OK here, not great, but OK, not alot of layoffs, and some new stuff poping up each week. Come out west.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2009, 02:42:22 PM »
Any interest in a slightly above median UChicago grad out in Denver, Matthies?  Things are rough out here.

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »

Its seems to be OK here, not great, but OK, not alot of layoffs, and some new stuff poping up each week. Come out west.

I might consider it, although I really hate the outdoors and that seems to be something that you need to be into to really fall in love with Denver.

I got a callback though.  Embarrassed by my overreacting, now (not that that's the first time THAT'S ever happened).

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2009, 02:50:08 PM »
Any interest in a slightly above median UChicago grad out in Denver, Matthies?  Things are rough out here.

What are your intrests Wally? Are you willing to do anything, or are you lokking for some in particular? The problem with Denver, and its a big problem, is they see anyone as outsiders, so expect a good 1/2 the interview to be inuiring if your seriousse about coming to Denver, or just trying to get into a regional office of a Vault firm till something comes open elsewhere.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2009, 02:52:08 PM »

I might consider it, although I really hate the outdoors and that seems to be something that you need to be into to really fall in love with Denver.

LOL, yea, its an outdoorsy place. How do you know someone is from Denver? Becuase they have a 4k bike on top of thier 1k car.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
So when you all are accepting offers are they giving you any assurance that they will have a summer program next year? Or is it something they just are not talking about. Thatís what scares me the most about OCI this year, is your hoping they are going to actually have a summer program a year from now. Letís hope things get better, but if they get worse I bet there will be at least some people left out come next year with nothing on the back burner.

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

LOL, yea, its an outdoorsy place. How do you know someone is from Denver? Becuase they have a 4k bike on top of thier 1k car.

Oh my god I hate bicycles.

I'm not big into the outdoors, and I love it here. On another plus side, there are plenty of tattoo/piercing shops in my area.

I do like tattoos, though.

So when you all are accepting offers are they giving you any assurance that they will have a summer program next year? Or is it something they just are not talking about. Thatís what scares me the most about OCI this year, is your hoping they are going to actually have a summer program a year from now. Letís hope things get better, but if they get worse I bet there will be at least some people left out come next year with nothing on the back burner.

We haven't really gotten to this part yet.

You really think that places will go through OCI, make offers, and then cancel their programs?  I guess I can't say that it's not totally inconceivable but it seems like a lot of time + expense, especially since so many places have already cancelled.