Law School Discussion

How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?

How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?
« on: August 21, 2009, 09:34:36 PM »
Hello all:

I'm curious as to how this cycle is being affected by the economy and want to see if everyone's call-back number has decreased.

I guess I'll go first.  17 OCI, and received only 2 callbacks (granted, I haven't heard from all my firms yet, but it's been over a week so I'm not holding out too much hope).

FWIW, I'm a transfer student at a T15 school.

Now, your turn...

Re: How Many Call-Backs Have You Received?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:51:14 AM »
18 interviews, 0 callbacks.  Thanks for rubbing it in.

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 08:42:25 AM »
18 interviews, 0 callbacks.  Thanks for rubbing it in.

Sorry, buddy.  Not trying to rub anything in.  I wanted to see if everyone was was hurting.  I've heard from people that in the past at my school, people with over 15 interviews would get 6-8 call-backs (including transfers).

One of my call-backs is only taking ONE student.  So i'm not holding out much hope for that.

I hope I don't have to work for free again this summer.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:31:58 AM »
Yeah, it's okay.  I'm a little sore.  I'm spamming secondary markets.  There is too much bottleneck in the primary ones.

I go to CCN and there are dozens of no-offered 3Ls walking around.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 10:12:46 AM »

This reminds me of when I was on an admissions tour at Williams College. They boasted that their golf course (!) was consistently ranked within the top four college golf courses in the country. I raised my hand and asked if that meant they were ranked fourth, because no one ever says "top four" (even for golf courses). I was dinged.

i say i go to a top seven school even though my school is not number seven.

also, T15 makes more sense than T14.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 10:35:18 AM »

This reminds me of when I was on an admissions tour at Williams College. They boasted that their golf course (!) was consistently ranked within the top four college golf courses in the country. I raised my hand and asked if that meant they were ranked fourth, because no one ever says "top four" (even for golf courses). I was dinged.

I can see your point.  But, I've gotten so used to seeing "T15" that I don't ever think it means any of the schools below the "15" range.  When I see T15, I just assume the person is referring to UT, UCLA, or Vandy (regardless of where those schools are ranked in a given year).

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 11:41:25 AM »
I think T14 is T14 because those have always been the top 14 law schools in the US News rankings. Georgetown has been right on the edge a couple of times, but hasn't fallen yet.

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »
I think T14 is T14 because those have always been the top 14 law schools in the US News rankings. Georgetown has been right on the edge a couple of times, but hasn't fallen yet.

And yet, Texas has been in the top 14 before. T14 is stupid any way you dice it, though.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 06:18:59 PM »
Right- I'm not saying that the T14 marking has any particular relevance. I just thought that was why it became "T14" and not "T15" or "T20" or T1000.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 08:36:31 AM »
T14 refers to the 14 law schools that have ever been in the top 10. Coincidentally, those schools are the top 14 law schools currently. This explains the arbitrary number. There is no such thing as T15 because USC/UCLA/Texas or whatever other schools have never been in the top 10. There could be a T15 if a new school made it to the top 10 at some point. Also, conceivably, a school could be ranked #11 and not be a T14 school.

personally, i think that the level of rationalization this term requires is absurd.