Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Health Care  (Read 29759 times)

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Health Care
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2010, 08:55:43 PM »
The problem isn't health insurance it's health care costs.

You have to be a fool to thing those two aren't causally connected.

A US doctor earns several 100 grand/yr after going to school for 8 years after highschool plus 4-8 years of residency. Frankly, after that kind of time and money investment, they deserve huge salaries.

I come from a country with universal, government paid healthcare. Our doctors still make from $100-500k a year. I don't see how there's a conflict between paying what people deserve and still offering healthcare for everyone.

We just have this "right to health care" mentality (meaning the right to see a M.D. whenever we have the flue).

Really? Seems to me Americans are less entitled to health care (and also expect less) than anyone else, in any other industrialized country.

A two-year degree doesn't deserve more than a $35k/yr salary (in all but large cities) and the cost of health care should reflect that. I suppose other wages could increase to match health care wages, but that's not happening so health care wages and spending should decrease.

If you think it's the salaries of doctors that create ridiculous healthcare costs, you're seriously delusional.

US' number one problem - the feeling that we have the "right" to evertything we want even if we cannot pay for it.

Really? Expecting society to have the decency to give everyone healthcare is the number one problem in the US? Really?!

Plus the right to a bailout when life treats us bad. Just look at our credit card debt verses savings and poor families (or single mothers) with 3+ children - not to mention our Fed. and State deficits. In other words, we are selfish.

So whether you live or die is analogous to credit card debt?
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2010, 09:57:25 PM »
Just turn all those aborted babies into vitamins for the rich. "Stem cell cola" it could sell for $100 a can, and its all profit since you just have to raid the "abanded" property in the trash can outside the clinic and invest in one juicer/blender and a deliapron and the rest is pure V-8 looking profit! "It tastes so good, it makes you wanna slap yo momma!"(for not doing the same with your little brother that she forgot to tell you and your Dad about after her trip to Europe with her "business partner" last summer)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »

A US doctor earns several 100 grand/yr after going to school for 8 years after highschool plus 4-8 years of residency. Frankly, after that kind of time and money investment, they deserve huge salaries.

I come from a country with universal, government paid healthcare. Our doctors still make from $100-500k a year. I don't see how there's a conflict between paying what people deserve and still offering healthcare for everyone.

We just have this "right to health care" mentality (meaning the right to see a M.D. whenever we have the flue).

Really? Seems to me Americans are less entitled to health care (and also expect less) than anyone else, in any other industrialized country.

A two-year degree doesn't deserve more than a $35k/yr salary (in all but large cities) and the cost of health care should reflect that. I suppose other wages could increase to match health care wages, but that's not happening so health care wages and spending should decrease.

If you think it's the salaries of doctors that create ridiculous healthcare costs, you're seriously delusional.

US' number one problem - the feeling that we have the "right" to evertything we want even if we cannot pay for it.

Really? Expecting society to have the decency to give everyone healthcare is the number one problem in the US? Really?!

Plus the right to a bailout when life treats us bad. Just look at our credit card debt verses savings and poor families (or single mothers) with 3+ children - not to mention our Fed. and State deficits. In other words, we are selfish.

you fine american.

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2010, 09:11:37 AM »

1. You made no point.
2. You didn't address my point.
3. Americans have better health care than any other nation. It's just very expensive and not all of us can afford it.
4. You didn't address my point.
5. You didn't get my point - I didn't mention health care here.
6. Yes. In a 3rd world country people who waste their money and resources die. Just because we live in developed countries does not mean we have more inherent rights than those in 3rd world countries. We are just better thieves.

I motioned against an attorney who responded like you did (by ignoring my points) - and I won with a 3 page opinion written by the Judge who agreed with me. My reply to her response was almost as short as this reply to yours.
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2010, 08:55:48 AM »
why, this enough make one sick.

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2010, 09:25:26 AM »
3. Americans have better health care than any other nation. It's just very expensive and not all of us can afford it.

This is blatantly false, although right wingers love to repeat it endlessly. I've lived in 7 different countries, and I'd rank US health care 6th among those. And no, I'm no poor, so it's a separate argument from cost/insurance.

6. Yes. In a 3rd world country people who waste their money and resources die. Just because we live in developed countries does not mean we have more inherent rights than those in 3rd world countries. We are just better thieves.

I'm not sure whether I should call this retarded or arrogant. I'll go with both.

I motioned against an attorney who responded like you did (by ignoring my points) - and I won with a 3 page opinion written by the Judge who agreed with me. My reply to her response was almost as short as this reply to yours.

1) I don't see how this is relevant 2) I don't see any reason to believe you.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2010, 02:49:05 PM »

u need good health care--u very sick person...but not get spend on abortion... ;)
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2010, 09:22:41 PM »
Hey julie, good to see you are using the blue alias again too. (its best to use both hands while baitin')  ::)

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »

u need good health care--u very sick person...but not get spend on abortion... ;)

in your case, just sound preventative medicine.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 11, 2010, 07:41:38 AM »
Hey julie, good to see you are using the blue alias again too. (its best to use both hands while baitin') ::)

you should know.  you master.