Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS Processing Time  (Read 2145 times)

prospectivelaw27

• View Profile
LSDAS Processing Time
« on: August 18, 2009, 06:48:04 PM »
Hey everyone. I had a couple questions regarding LSDAS processing times. I want to have my applications submitted to my schools on October 31st. If I were to have my recs in to LSDAS by mid-October would that be enough time?

Also, LSDAS says it takes 2 weeks to process recs and transcripts. Once I apply, is everything transmitted to the law school instantly? Any help with the timeframe would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pulpfree

• View Profile
Re: LSDAS Processing Time
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
I had my transcript sent in July, and it took a MONTH for LSAC to process it.  >:(
I highly recommend you send them as soon as possible.

elle-y

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 02:35:13 PM »
2 weeks is about how much time it takes. Not always though. Actually, I just requested a transcript from my school last Tuesday and it was completely processed and added to my LSAC file on Monday - 6 days later. Don't except this to always happen, but it just goes to show if you beat the rush, things can move much faster for you.

But to break down how things work for you, you'll send your applications in electronically, and then you'll have to ask LSAC to send your LSAC information to the school. This is call your "report". Unless you have a fee waiver, they cost $12 each/per school. I've forgotten the options of how and when you pay for them. The great thing is, if you're missing your LSAT score, or a letter of rec, or some other non-application part of your file, you can still request LSAC to send your file over...the school will just keep requesting an update until you're complete. And so you know, those updates are free (and you'll see each time they ask for an update on your LSAC file. You'll also see what they get when they request or get your file.)
3.1 / 156

prospectivelaw27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 03:05:04 PM »
Thanks! Just to be clear, LSAC sending my LSAC info to the school doesn't take any time right?

elle-y

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 02:00:31 AM »
That I don't know. I always figured it was sent electronically (because it doesn't make sense to send thousands of paper copies of everyones files), but then it's a matter of how long it takes the school to process it. But honestly, I don't know.
3.1 / 156

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 11:25:49 AM »
Thanks! Just to be clear, LSAC sending my LSAC info to the school doesn't take any time right?

It depends on the school. It seems like most schools request information electronically, but some still do request paper reports. Also, schools don't necessarily ask for updates any day of the week. Many schools only request updated information once per week. So there is still some lag time involved.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 11:27:34 AM »
I sent in my transcript and recs last September, and they were processed within days of sending them.  They just say two weeks so that they don't get in trouble, I assume.

prospectivelaw27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 05:06:28 PM »
Sweet. Thanks for all the replies. I hope LSDAS doesn't screw me over. Have any of you guys faxed in recs? I hear it's faster (both avoiding airmail and also cutting down on LSDAS processing time), but I'm not sure about the quality.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 01:11:51 AM »
Mine were faxed and processed pretty quickly. I think the longest wait was 2 weeks and that's because my recommender took forever to finally send it so it was being processed during a busy time.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

prospectivelaw27

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »
Sorry, just have a follow up question. On LSN, the date for going complete is typically later than date received. Is this just because the applicants didn't send in everything all together? (i.e. submitting LSAT after taking it at a later date). If I were to submit everything, then shouldn't the received date/time be the same as the completion time?

Thanks!