Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Schedules  (Read 1187 times)

sal

• View Profile
Law School Schedules
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:29:41 PM »
I am considering applying for law school this year. How grueling should I expect the law school schedule to be? Any specific information about Chicago area law schools would be expecially appreciated. Northwestern has an accelerated 2-year program - how horrific of a schedule is that likely to be?

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: Law School Schedules
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
I would imagine that Northwestern's program drastically limits your availability for any summer associate/internship/job experiences.

Regarding a general LS schedule: demanding but certainly not untenable. 
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

Alchemy Prep

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law School Schedules
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »
I am still not sold on the two-year programs emerging.  The issue, as rightly pointed out in-part above, is the lack of summer associate position availability coupled with questionable cost savings.  Moreover, let's be honest, after your 1L year, you will want/need a fulkl summer to relax and recharge.  1L year is incredible grueling if you approach it correctly and failing to take a substantial amount of time of could harm you down the road.

In short, the jury is out for now.  On one hand, if the appropriate cost savings are there and the legal job market is so bad that noone is getting hired on as a summer associate now anyways, then maybe it's not a bad a idea.  But, that said, these are just a fe of the many factors to consider.

Best,

Kris
www.alchemyprep.com