Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: to people who got 170+ their second time..  (Read 1012 times)

nooyyllib

to people who got 170+ their second time..
« on: August 13, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
hey all,

i've been retaking the PTs (2nd time around) and been getting scores around 170-177.  177 only once.  171/2 a few times. These are all pre-2000 exams.  I went through the logic process for every LR question i got correct.  I did not just pinpoint straight to the correct answer choices (if i remembered them).  Most of the sections I finished with 3-4 minutes left.  RC has been keeping me down.  LR has been average of 2-3 incorrect and LG has been 0-1. 

with september coming fast, I'm just worried that these scores will not be completely representative.  I know that since i am taking these second time around the validity goes out the window.

But did you guys - the ones who took second time around and got 170+ - go through the same thing? I'm still terribly worried.

I have 1 PT left for 10 more actual PT book.  I have all the PTs that is in publication and plan on taking all of them by september 24th. 

Please, if you have any input/say/help, feel free to post.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: to people who got 170+ their second time..
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 07:17:09 PM »
I believe Thales falls into this category..you may want to PM him.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 08:41:42 PM »
On my retake, I scored between 169-174 on tests I'd previously taken and scored a 171 on the actual exam.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

nooyyllib

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 09:28:44 PM »
nice. i'd kill for a 171 on the real test.

how did you do it? the process?

Illini Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 09:50:22 PM »
I'm confused- you're retaking the LSAT for the second time, or retaking the practice tests for the second time?

nooyyllib

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »
retaking the real lsat this september (2nd time) and to prep for it taking the PTs again 2nd time.

to be accurate:
160: 1x
164-169: 7x
170: 3x
171: 2x
172: 2x
173: 1x
177: 1x

Most recent one, taken today was 172.

All timed. Some sections I finished 2-3 minutes early. Going to add a 5th section when I get back to school next week (and take them at 9 am).

thanks!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »
I can't say anything for the LSAT, but your idea of taking them at 9AM (if that is th start time) is a good one. I did all my practiced tests for bar exam at 8:30 AM just like the real thing. by a month before the exam I was going to bed at 8PM lastest and getting up at 5:30 AM so I could eat, wake up and be refreshed and not rushed at all. On the two days of the exam I was the ONLY one of my freinds not tired and with plenty of energy for th second half. I really think getting into that schdual and getting plenty of sl;eep before test date made a huge diffrence in my confidance on the exam. If you can do that I think it will help alot.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »
I jumped all over the place when I was getting ready for my second go around.  My highest was about two months before my disaster, and that was a 177.  I never scored higher than a 173 prepping the second time around, but I was much more confident in my abilities, and the 171 seemed about right.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 07:05:37 PM »
Make sure you're not just taking all the preptests so you can say you took all the preptests.  It would be much better to take like 5 of them and dissect every single question and make sure you understand them each better than the people who wrote them.