Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best netbook?  (Read 3527 times)

hth715

• View Profile
    • Email
Best netbook?
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »
Im planning on taking all my in class notes on a netbook (using microsoft onenote) and then supplementing my written outlines after class, i retain stuff better this way. anyone use this method or a netbook in general? or onenote? i posted a subject about this a few months ago but I just wanted a second opinion before I spend $340. am leaning towards an asus just because of their reviews on newegg.com but i also hear that the HP mini's are nice.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Best netbook?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »
Im planning on taking all my in class notes on a netbook (using microsoft onenote) and then supplementing my written outlines after class, i retain stuff better this way. anyone use this method or a netbook in general? or onenote? i posted a subject about this a few months ago but I just wanted a second opinion before I spend $340. am leaning towards an asus just because of their reviews on newegg.com but i also hear that the HP mini's are nice.

I was at office depot today and they had the HP Mini's there, played around with one, they look pretty cool. Just double check the onenote thing and screen resultion, OneNote says it needs like 1024x768 to run, and most netbooks are 1024 x 568 or something. I'm not sure if that means it won't run or if you will just have to scroll alot. I have an old HP mini (with the Via 7 chip, pice of junk) but it had 1024 x 768 and ran onenote fine without any scriolling other than up/down
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

cranky75

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:19:23 PM »
I just bought a netbook for the same purpose.  Just make sure the keyboard is easy to use.

I purchased a Toshiba NB205-311 with supposedly full size keyboard.

Other manufacturers offering fullsize keyboards on their netbooks are Acer, samsung, Gateway and Lenovo (that I am aware of).  I went with toshiba because I felt it offered the best bang for the buck.

Miche

• View Profile
    • Sharp & Useless
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 04:03:59 AM »
For a different but similar purpose, I recently advised a family member to purchase an MSI netbook. (Specifically, MSI U2100, a la http://www.frys.com/product/6038968 )

Keys were decently manageable despite the netbook's size. It had nice mouse feel and a reasonably-sized screen. It's light and cute.
Lawyers: performing acts on desks that no decent person would ever do.
-Miche, co-creator of Sharp & Useless

zackie

• View Profile
    • chiropractic internet marketing
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 11:43:32 AM »
Try the notebook that MSI offers,