Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: undergrad - does it factor in at all?  (Read 7466 times)

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: undergrad - does it factor in at all?
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 04:53:38 PM »
Yes, I should have phrased it as "no it doesn't help if you go to an Ivy." Sorry.

It has never impressed anyone.

lawschoolsucks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 08:48:34 PM »
Yes, I should have phrased it as "no it doesn't help if you go to an Ivy." Sorry.

It has never impressed anyone.

That's unfortunate that it has never helped you because honestly, despite going to a TTT, it helped me land every legal position I've ever had. The first thing the interviewer would say is something to the effect of "well I see you went to Ivy University- that is really really impressive."

I guess this is a situation of YMMV.

Henri_Allen

• View Profile
    • Estate and Succession Planning
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 04:49:35 PM »
Generally, your undergraduate degree would be less important.  However, Ivy League schools always make an impression - they're not just names, they're century-old brands that mean a great deal both to people who attended those schools and people who didn't make the cut.  That said, I think your fellow alumni would be the most likely to hire you because of your shared undergraduate alma mater. 

cooley3L

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 12:31:32 PM »
If you went to Harvard undergrad, but are at Cooley law school, nobody cares....
Seen several Harvard and Yale hoodies roaming the halls. Don't know why, just have.