Law Students > Law Firms

undergrad - does it factor in at all?

<< < (3/3)

chevelle:
Yes, I should have phrased it as "no it doesn't help if you go to an Ivy." Sorry.

It has never impressed anyone.

lawschoolsucks:

--- Quote from: chevelle on November 17, 2009, 04:53:38 PM ---Yes, I should have phrased it as "no it doesn't help if you go to an Ivy." Sorry.

It has never impressed anyone.

--- End quote ---

That's unfortunate that it has never helped you because honestly, despite going to a TTT, it helped me land every legal position I've ever had. The first thing the interviewer would say is something to the effect of "well I see you went to Ivy University- that is really really impressive."

I guess this is a situation of YMMV.

Henri_Allen:
Generally, your undergraduate degree would be less important.  However, Ivy League schools always make an impression - they're not just names, they're century-old brands that mean a great deal both to people who attended those schools and people who didn't make the cut.  That said, I think your fellow alumni would be the most likely to hire you because of your shared undergraduate alma mater. 

cooley3L:

--- Quote from: TheDudeMan on October 05, 2009, 02:26:00 PM ---If you went to Harvard undergrad, but are at Cooley law school, nobody cares....

--- End quote ---
Seen several Harvard and Yale hoodies roaming the halls. Don't know why, just have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version