Law Students > Law Firms

undergrad - does it factor in at all?

(1/3) > >>

mallow55:
if you went to an ivy league undergrad (i went to an HYP), does it help even a teensy weensy bit when firms look at your resume? 

atomic40:
I can not imagine it hurts having an Ivy League school on your resume.  Some firms even ask for undergrad transcripts.

Slumdog Lovebutton:
I think it's helped me a little bit.  i.e., I've gotten a bit of a bump and a second look from places, and firms tend to think I'm more impressive because of it.  I don't think an Ivy undergrad would cancel out the effect of having mediocre grades, though.

TheDudeMan:
If you went to Harvard undergrad, but are at Cooley law school, nobody cares....

Recent LS Grad:

--- Quote from: TheDudeMan on October 05, 2009, 02:26:00 PM ---If you went to Harvard undergrad, but are at Cooley law school, nobody cares....

--- End quote ---

Considering this:

--- Quote from: mallow55 on August 03, 2009, 10:40:16 PM ---i have a 3.1'ish GPA at an HYSCC law school...

--- End quote ---

I don't think that's quite what the OP is asking.

I think that undergrad helps if the interviewer happened to go to the same school or something.  I don't think it would matter all that much to be HYP in general though.

Also, OP: HYSCC?  Blatant CLS/Chicago trolling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version