Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Free PS Assessment from Ivy Eyes Editing  (Read 1138 times)

ivyeyesediting

• View Profile
Free PS Assessment from Ivy Eyes Editing
« on: August 09, 2009, 02:35:00 AM »
Hello everyone,

Ivy Eyes Editing (www.ivyeyesediting.com) is pleased to announce a unique service to all users of this forum: a free initial assessment of your first submission. We work with our clients to refine their admissions essays, personal statements, cover letters, resumes, business proposals and more.

Ivy Eyes Editing was founded in 2005 by Yale graduates to serve a wide array of clients across the globe. Our Yale-educated staff has deep experience in academia as well as publishing, technology, entertainment, consulting, technology and energy industries.

We are not an essay writing service, we are a writing consultation and editing company. Our editors leverage their varied expertise to work with clients not just as editors, but as valuable thought partners. We are confident that members of this community will find our level of critique instructive, challenging and transformative.

Our free assessment offering is a reflection of our commitment to superior work. To that end, we hope that you visit our website today to take advantage of this service, and learn more about who we are.

We look forward to working with you!

Sincerely,

Ivy Eyes Editing

www.ivyeyesediting.com

1-888-IVY-EDIT

IPFreely

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Free PS Assessment from Ivy Eyes Editing
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 02:30:03 PM »
You can't be any worse than the same service that the Harvard weasels run (Essay Edge), but frankly, the worst waste of time and money that I encountered during the whole law-school application process was sending my PS in to those dolts for "professional editing".

The incompetent buffoon who "edited" mine made numerous grammatical and spelling errors in her changes, suggested deleting a key sentence about my knowledge of foreign languages, and included six pages of boilerplate drivel that was clearly written for someone else's PS (since it referenced topics that didn't exist in mine).  Not only that, but the "service" also said that their editor would answer questions;  I sent half a dozen specific brief questions, both to her directly and to her through their central email address, and never heard a word back.  Then they had the nerve to ask me what I thought of their service ("it sucks") and whether I would recommend it ("no").

I got exactly one useful suggestion out of it (deleting a tangent), but it wasn't worth the hundred-plus dollars they charged.  My sister-in-law came up with the same one, and I merely had to grit my teeth and thank her for it.

As a result, I really don't recommend using these sorts of services.  Find a professor, TA, college prelaw advisor, and/or friend to help instead.  At the very least, skip the services that tout their ivy-league credentials and go with a real professional in your local area.