Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Today's MPRE  (Read 1721 times)

nocomply

• View Profile
Today's MPRE
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »
Anyone here take it?  Any thoughts?

haulin_oats

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Today's MPRE
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »
I took it and found it relatively easy. I went through the Rigos Review book earlier in the week and I'm sure I did better than I needed. There were probably about 10 of the 60 questions that I didn't know the answer for sure. Definitely something that you need to study a little for and its not so easy that you can just walk in and pick the obvious answers. Its pretty easy to get the right answer down to two choices, but from there you need to be able to recognize the distinction. 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 04:19:55 PM »
I took it and found it relatively easy. I went through the Rigos Review book earlier in the week and I'm sure I did better than I needed. There were probably about 10 of the 60 questions that I didn't know the answer for sure. Definitely something that you need to study a little for and its not so easy that you can just walk in and pick the obvious answers. Its pretty easy to get the right answer down to two choices, but from there you need to be able to recognize the distinction. 

That's the book I used too, I thought it and the questions on the CD made me ready for the exam. I only needed an 85 but I got like a 110-115 or something. I will say I did not feel very confidant right after the test, but I guess I did fine.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

nocomply

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 07:58:47 PM »
I studied off an outline, and did multiple practice tests (all of which I passed by a safe amount).  However, I didn't feel confident after leaving yesterday's test.  Hopefully I passed.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 08:09:29 PM »
I studied off of an outline, and did multiple practice tests (all of which I passed by a safe amount).  However, I didn't feel confident after leaving yesterday's test.  Hopefully I passed.

I felyt the same way, and I passed by plenty, you will be fine
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

nocomply

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 03:00:14 PM »
I passed it by a good amount (results came in yesterday). 

rugercaptain

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 04:21:03 PM »
I passed, too.  I also felt as if I'd done poorly when I left the exam room.  A couple of guys who had taken the bar exam the week before were in there for their second shot at the MPRE.  Man, that would suck to have to take it a third time, and soon after receiving their bar results. 
Cleveland-Marshall 3L.

nocomply

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 06:41:02 PM »
I noticed several people taking it too who recently graduated as well (who presumably recently took the bar exam).  Imagine that...taking the bar exam (after studying for about two months), and then taking the MPRE shortly afterwards.  Doesn't sound pleasant to me.

Anyway, congrats to us (and to whoever else who passed it on the first time - or who just passed it this time around).  It's over and done with.

Now (or, until the Spring), on to the bar!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 08:05:13 AM »
congrats on passing guys!

haulin_oats

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »
Passed easily with lots of room to spare. 

Took Professional Responsibility during preceding semester & went through the RIGOS MPRE Review book during the evenings the week before the exam.

Overall spent about 10 hours studying. Definitely requires some studying, but not a lot.