Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any tips for blocking out other life stresses?  (Read 535 times)

JediJoe22

Any tips for blocking out other life stresses?
« on: August 06, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »
I'm starting to really freak out here. I was doing so well with my studying, consistently scoring in the low 170's. Then--in a span of 7 days--I lost my income, long time girlfriend, and my parents home is being foreclosed on for the second time in my life. For the two weeks following I couldn't even decipher what was on the page in front of me;there are just too many things occupying my thoughts. Now that a few weeks have passed, I've returned to my 3-4 hour daily studying routine. I'm able to put it all in the back of my head, but it's still IN my head. I find myself constantly thinking about outside issues when taking my practice sections, and am incredibly discouraged to find myself getting half the questions wrong. I would see a doctor for some kind of concentration or anxiety medication, but I'm without health insurance. Has anyone found themselves in a similar situation? What's worked for you? I really need all the help I can get...

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any tips for blocking out other life stresses?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:07:30 PM »
Yeah, I'll PM you.

Mitchell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »

Mmmmmmmitchell

contrarian

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 10:45:13 PM »
It's all just a question of mind over matter.  If you ain't go no mind, then it don't matter.