Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL vs. Vandy  (Read 1889 times)

wolfmansrazor

• View Profile
WUSTL vs. Vandy
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:50:31 PM »
So--after months of figuring I'd be going to WUSTL in a couple weeks, I received a call from Vandy telling me I was accepted off the waitlist. I need to have an answer for them by the end of today! Here's the breakdown:

WUSTL--$5000/yr scholarship, I would be living at home (which is where I currently am) and thus would have very low cost of living expenses

Vandy--$5000/yr scholarship, I'd be living in Nashville, and cost of living would be the difference in price.

It feels a little overwhelming to set up everything to go to Vandy, and I have some personal reasons that might keep me in St. Louis. But what I want to know is: Do you think I'm crazy for NOT taking Vandy over WUSTL?

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WUSTL vs. Vandy
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 01:52:04 PM »
Go to WUSTL if you must, but Vandy is the better school. I'm not just talking rankings either. Historically, Vandy has had better job placement and it's name reaches farther than WUSTL ever will. Between them, I would definitely go to Vandy.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:56:18 PM »
Definitely Vandy imo

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 11:12:12 PM »
So--after months of figuring I'd be going to WUSTL in a couple weeks, I received a call from Vandy telling me I was accepted off the waitlist. I need to have an answer for them by the end of today! Here's the breakdown:

WUSTL--$5000/yr scholarship, I would be living at home (which is where I currently am) and thus would have very low cost of living expenses

Vandy--$5000/yr scholarship, I'd be living in Nashville, and cost of living would be the difference in price.

It feels a little overwhelming to set up everything to go to Vandy, and I have some personal reasons that might keep me in St. Louis. But what I want to know is: Do you think I'm crazy for NOT taking Vandy over WUSTL?

Three years passes by really fast. 

DrLazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 11:36:34 PM »
Vandy.  WUSTL is an oddity for placement in average times.
Michigan 2010.  Brr.