Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances: 3.91, 170  (Read 848 times)

theadw

• View Profile
Chances: 3.91, 170
« on: August 03, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »
Philosophy major, from Syracuse, excellent recs, overseas work experience, modest volunteer/extracurricular record.

I plan on applying to HYS, Columbia, NYU, Berkeley, & Chicago.  LSN, & the profiles furnished by the schools themselves, indicate that my numbers are within the range for all of these, but I'd like to have some idea as to whether or not this is crazy & vain.

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances: 3.91, 170
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:07:31 PM »
Definitely not crazy or vain.  I'm applying to the same slew of schools.  :D

scgl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »
You will get in somewhere on your list with those numbers (probably several of them) but you may want to add one or two schools ranked a little lower just to be safe. YHS will depend largely on your non-numerical factors but you at least have a shot with good numbers. You may want to add a few schools lower in the T-14 if you are interested in getting any $$. You probably won't get much/any only applying to those places (other than maybe some need-based).

violaboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 01:25:37 PM »
You will get in somewhere on your list with those numbers (probably several of them) but you may want to add one or two schools ranked a little lower just to be safe. YHS will depend largely on your non-numerical factors but you at least have a shot with good numbers. You may want to add a few schools lower in the T-14 if you are interested in getting any $$. You probably won't get much/any only applying to those places (other than maybe some need-based).

Very true.  I'm applying to some lower ranked schools, as well.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »

This.

Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

theadw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »
Outstanding.  If any of you are current/future HYS students, any advice on how to pitch soft factors, or how best to nudge letter-writers?

alex06

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 06:13:02 AM »
We're numbers twins!  And seem to have similar work experience too...  Are you on LSN?  I'm applying to all of the schools you listed and then some.