Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Opinions on becoming a paralegal to help fund school.  (Read 1420 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Opinions be becoming a paralegal to help fund school.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 04:57:18 PM »
what's been up your butt lately?

Just calling it like I see it.  :)

There's a world of difference between the skills needed to do well in poli sci and engineering.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Wanabattorney

• The law is reason free from passion.--Aristotle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »

What degree would you recommend or would be beneficial?  From what I've read most degrees in the Liberal Arts have been the norm for law school applicants/students. Although I do understand the issue of having a degree that can be applied to other areas if I'm not able to get into law school.  So what would be a smart choice for my undergrad degree?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 11:36:12 PM »

What degree would you recommend or would be beneficial?  From what I've read most degrees in the Liberal Arts have been the norm for law school applicants/students. Although I do understand the issue of having a degree that can be applied to other areas if I'm not able to get into law school.  So what would be a smart choice for my undergrad degree?

If you're planning on law school, major in whatever you like and whatever you can do good in (unless it's comm or hotel management or something similar). A 3.7 in some liberal art is going to look a lot better come application time than a 2.7 in some engineering or hard science, though the harder degrees will be worth more if you don't end up in law school.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on becoming a paralegal to help fund school.
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 12:33:22 AM »
credited.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on becoming a paralegal to help fund school.
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 07:06:34 AM »
Hello, I'm new here. I have a question for everyone. What is your opinion on someone becoming a paralegal to help fund school. I have been out of work for months and I want to pursue a B.A. in Political Science and apply to law school. Given that I have been unemployed for so long, I would like to find a decent paying job while I pursue my degree. I was considering getting a Paralegal Certificate and hopefully find a paralegal position, then return to school to get my B.A. What are your opinions/advice? Thanks.

if in law school, probably can get work doing legal research and writing.  better be thought of as future lawyer than paralegal.