Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When reviewing incorrect LRs....  (Read 646 times)

nooyyllib

When reviewing incorrect LRs....
« on: July 31, 2009, 11:24:42 PM »
Ok,

I took the June 09 exam and the score was junk. I did manage to take most of the PTs out there so I decided to take all the PTs out there once more. I finished taking the 10 PTs from the 10 Actual LSAT book. Scores fluctuated from 165 to 173.

I have a batch of incorrect LR questions I photocopied from the book to make it more convenient. When I review the incorrect questions, on a notebook I write the summary of the stimulus, and the question type. Write out why my original answer choice is wrong and write out why the correct answer is right. I also try to write little notes to myself like "read more carefully" "apply the answer choice to the stimulus" or "negate to see if it weakens".

But even with this i feel like i'm missing something. Is there are better way to review LR questions?

Atlas LSAT Teacher

• View Profile
    • www.AtlasLSAT.com
    • Email
Re: When reviewing incorrect LRs....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
You might want to add in a more broad review of wrong answer choices.  Here's what I suggest: Mark your PTs so it's obvious which answer choices you were able to quickly eliminate and which ones you had to think about.  Then review those tempting answers, regardless of whether you were able to correctly eliminate or choose them or not.  Start noticing what sort of wrong answers tend to tempt you and how.

Teaching someone else a question can be very useful in developing mastery.  Maybe get a study buddy? 

Good luck!

- Noah
Noah Teitelbaum
Atlas LSAT Teacher & Director
http://www.atlaslsat.com

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 03:37:55 PM »
I've heard this said a million times on the board..but it took a little while to click.

When reviewing LR..try to put in very general terms WHY the correct answer is correct. Why was that answer choice better than the one you chose? WHY? What was it about it that made it the better answer? Was it more specific..more general...

Certain missed questions are easy to review..you may have messed up the assumption negation technique because you were rushing, etc. But, with very nuanced principle questions & the like.. try to dig in & relate the correct answer to the question in very general terms.

I also spend some time where I wrote out short paragraphs for missed LR's..but I think I was just spinning my wheels. For any specific questions just shoot me a PM if you'd like.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

ip705

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 04:59:14 PM »
That's great advice. The key is not to be lazy about it. It really takes some time and effort to go through all that for all your incorrect answers, but in the end it pays off.