Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Critique my brief  (Read 3388 times)

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Critique my brief
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 07:57:41 PM »
Speaking of OneNote, is there any kind of generic OneNote clone that you can get for free/ cheap?  I would like to have a program like that, but my funds are already stretched quite a bit.  I know that Sun MicroSystems produces the open-source Open Office software programs that imitate the basic Microsoft Office package... anything like that for OneNote?

You should check with your school.  It is like $10 for students to download at my school.  By the way, OneNote is pretty overrated.  Word will serve you better.  Simplify, simplify, simplify.  OneNote encourages people to take detailed notes instead of concise ones. 

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »
Who wrote this opinion, what was the vote, and how did the court present it's opinion?

Just curious.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 08:45:23 PM »
I don't have the copy of the actual case with me, but I know that Justice Oliver Holmes, Jr. wrote the opinion.  The lower courts said that transporting a stolen plane violated the NMVTA, and the Supreme Court reversed the decision.  There was no dissenting opinion.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

jd2012

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »
  If you are who I assume you are (BH), then we should talk about getting a study group together... an LSD study group seems like a good idea.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what (BH) means, but I would love to start a group.

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 07:07:58 PM »
I was thinking you were someone else- sorry about that.  Send me a PM with your class schedule, and we'll see if we are in the same section.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN