Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone taken antitrust?  (Read 442 times)

M_Cool

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone taken antitrust?
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:09:32 AM »
Is it hard?  Something I should avoid during the first semester at a new law school or would it be okay?  All of the good core classes like evidence, business orgs, etc. are full at this point and I'm just trying to find something mildly useful but not super hard to take.

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone taken antitrust?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »
I didn't care for antitrust. Some of the subject matter is interesting but the law is very amorphous in many aspects. How good the prof is will matter a lot, just like any other class.

It can't be as bad as Securities Reg or Fed Tax though, even if your prof sucks.

dischord

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »
I took it second semester 1L, and I did very well, so it can be done.  I had to really work for my grade, though.

I think that how difficult it is will depend on how much economics you've had.
At least I can f-ing think.

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 06:35:44 PM »
Figure out who the prof is and shoot them an email asking about how much economics they incorporate into the class if you are concerned about economics making the course difficult.

At my school, I know there are profs who teach the class that incorporate a lot of econ, but not all Antitrust profs will do that. My prof only incorporated the most basic concepts from econ that pretty much everyone could understand regardless of educational background.