Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To everyone taking the bar tomorrow…  (Read 3223 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: To everyone taking the bar tomorrow…
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 10:25:52 AM »
Matthies, you know it causes cancer right? (jk, well, it does, but I think stress causes heart attacks and smoking decreases stress?).

Congrats on finishing/passing!

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »
Matthies, you know it causes cancer right? (jk, well, it does, but I think stress causes heart attacks and smoking decreases stress?).

Congrats on finishing/passing!

Yea, I'm quiting as soon as I know I passed. If I did not pass, well than I would just start smoking again for my re-study, so passing day is quiting day.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 11:00:21 AM »
Nothing personal, but I hope the pass rate in most states comes in betweeen 20 and 30% for the next 4 or 5 years. We need to cull the herd and give this legal market a chance to recover, so that the millions of unemployed lawyers we already have floating around can find some work.

thats ridiculous

what's ridiculous are that state bars keep admitting thousands of new members twice a year, when over half the graduates from the past two years' graduating classes, still haven't found any work. So, yes I do hope all of you and thousands of other test takers fail the bar. Its harsh, but the more of you there are, the less money I make. Its that simple.
[/quote]

Nothing personal, but perhaps your inability to get a job in over a year has more to do with yourself than your competition.  It could just be THAT simple.

[/quote]

I have a job, nitwit. I said earlier that I opened up a solo practice and am doing pretty well. But like I said before, that success is due to a CONSTANT 12-15 hour a day hustle. All that for what is shaping up to be about 60K this year.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 11:35:01 AM »
Nothing personal, but I hope the pass rate in most states comes in betweeen 20 and 30% for the next 4 or 5 years. We need to cull the herd and give this legal market a chance to recover, so that the millions of unemployed lawyers we already have floating around can find some work.

thats ridiculous

what's ridiculous are that state bars keep admitting thousands of new members twice a year, when over half the graduates from the past two years' graduating classes, still haven't found any work. So, yes I do hope all of you and thousands of other test takers fail the bar. Its harsh, but the more of you there are, the less money I make. Its that simple.

Nothing personal, but perhaps your inability to get a job in over a year has more to do with yourself than your competition.  It could just be THAT simple.

[/quote]

I have a job, nitwit. I said earlier that I opened up a solo practice and am doing pretty well. But like I said before, that success is due to a CONSTANT 12-15 hour a day hustle. All that for what is shaping up to be about 60K this year.
[/quote]

So what are you bitching about then? That you want to get paid more money and do less work? Who the hell doesn’t. You’re working long hours, your hustling to get your name out there and get business and you making decent money, such is life for a solo practitioner right out of law school. As you get better at what you’re doing and you build a rep the amount of hours you have to work will go down and the amount of money you make will go up. Most lawyers work in firms of less than 20 people. So your no different than most lawyers.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »
Congrats to everyone being done!

hon, could you drop my other box off at irrxy's before you head out?  i would appreciate it lotsa!

oh, and i wanna discuss having a joint yard sale as well.....
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD