Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To everyone taking the bar tomorrow…  (Read 3091 times)

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: To everyone taking the bar tomorrow…
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »
man that was brutal we started at 7Am and finshed at 6PM. BRUTAL

what state is that?  Sounds miserable.

Ugh, 3 hours left...

colorado.  @#!* *that*

glad i chose not to take it lol
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 10:15:27 AM »
Nothing personal, but I hope the pass rate in most states comes in betweeen 20 and 30% for the next 4 or 5 years. We need to cull the herd and give this legal market a chance to recover, so that the millions of unemployed lawyers we already have floating around can find some work.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 10:56:48 AM »
Nothing personal, but I hope the pass rate in most states comes in betweeen 20 and 30% for the next 4 or 5 years. We need to cull the herd and give this legal market a chance to recover, so that the millions of unemployed lawyers we already have floating around can find some work.

thats ridiculous

JD

StrictlyLiable

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 02:27:16 PM »

thats ridiculous

what's ridiculous are that state bars keep admitting thousands of new members twice a year, when over half the graduates from the past two years' graduating classes, still haven't found any work. So, yes I do hope all of you and thousands of other test takers fail the bar. Its harsh, but the more of you there are, the less money I make. Its that simple.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 04:04:36 PM »

thats ridiculous

what's ridiculous are that state bars keep admitting thousands of new members twice a year, when over half the graduates from the past two years' graduating classes, still haven't found any work. So, yes I do hope all of you and thousands of other test takers fail the bar. Its harsh, but the more of you there are, the less money I make. Its that simple.

Ouch.

I wouldn't wish anybody to fail the bar, just put it off maybe or something like that.

Congrats on everybody for surviving the experience.  Go out and get wasted!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »
If you are that concerned, quit and find a new career.  Lead by example and you might start a movement.

gl

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 08:55:34 PM »

thats ridiculous
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nothing personal, but perhaps your inability to get a job in over a year has more to do with yourself than your competition.  It could just be THAT simple.
Fed gov't atty

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 11:10:20 PM »

thats ridiculous

links to your statistics?

JD

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 09:57:56 AM »

thats ridiculous

I love this argument because its so useless. Yes let’s make it harder to pass the bar so there are fewer lawyers. How? Buy constricting the supply, that always works. Completely forget about the demand. I know every time I buy a pack of cigarettes that it’s the evil cigarette companies that are completely responsible for my choice to smoke. They put all those warnings on the smokes, tax the hell out of them, don’t let me smoke anywhere anymore, remind me I’m going to likely die from doing it, but its still all the cigarette companies fault right? Personal choice of mine to be a smoker has nothing to do with with it right?

Its not that there are too many law schools or to many people pass the bar that creates the glut of lawyers. The simple fact of the matter is there are just too many wanttobe lawyers out there. Everyone and their brother with a poly sci degree defaults to law school. There are more applicants than all the law schools can admit. And there are more lawyers out of work than can be employed. But not because of the bar or anything else, pout the blame where it counts: too many people want to be lawyers.

If you want to thin the ranks then the present system will actually work. You won’t stem the demand with a lower supply, you will still have just as many wantobe lawyers, what you need to do it stem the demand. And that will happen as more people realize law is not a golden ticket to a 100k+ job out the door.

The bar exam, the law schools, none of those create the demand, its wanttobe lawyers that glut the system not the other way around. Now after typing this I need a smoke because the evil tobacco companies put a gun to my head and make me inhale.

*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 09:59:16 AM »
Congrats to everyone being done!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.