Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To everyone taking the bar tomorrow…  (Read 3173 times)

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
To everyone taking the bar tomorrow…
« on: July 27, 2009, 04:42:07 PM »
Your ready for this, you really are. You know enough to pass at this point.

The only thing that can defeat you now is yourself. This is not law school, this is not the time to get fancy with your legal reasoning, you’re not trying to beat anyone out for that A. State your rules, apply your facts, go for your points, address the stuff you know and bypass the stuff you have forgotten. Don’t get bogged down, plow forward even if you seem stuck. BS if you have to, you won’t get any points deducted and may just get lucky and say something the grader thinks counts as a point. Your all smart enough to pass this. All you need to do is pass by one point, it’s a measure of competency, not highest grade in the class, to the bar you’re as competent if you pass by one point as you are if you pass by 100 points. Focus on the exam, not the "what ifs," don't project bad things, you will make it through this.

Believe in yourself, shake it off when you start to get discouraged and don’t second guess yourself. YOU KNOW ENOUGH TO PASS - ALL OF YOU DO. Don’t let it psyche you out, remember no matter how tough it seems for you there is someone out there who has it tougher (even compared to me!) So do the best you can and that’s the best you can do.

Good luck everyone and I'll see all you guys/gals on the other side.

Matthies
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: To everyone taking the bar tomorrow…
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:58:42 PM »
thanks Matthies! good luck to you too!

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:07:45 PM »
Thanks.  Good luck to you as well.

Thistle

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »
whoo hoo!  go get it y'all!

tasha
non ex transverso sed deorsum

JD

EdinTally

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 12:51:28 PM »
Your ready for this, you really are. You know enough to pass at this point.

The only thing that can defeat you now is yourself. This is not law school, this is not the time to get fancy with your legal reasoning, you’re not trying to beat anyone out for that A. State your rules, apply your facts, go for your points, address the stuff you know and bypass the stuff you have forgotten. Don’t get bogged down, plow forward even if you seem stuck. BS if you have to, you won’t get any points deducted and may just get lucky and say something the grader thinks counts as a point. Your all smart enough to pass this. All you need to do is pass by one point, it’s a measure of competency, not highest grade in the class, to the bar you’re as competent if you pass by one point as you are if you pass by 100 points. Focus on the exam, not the "what ifs," don't project bad things, you will make it through this.

Believe in yourself, shake it off when you start to get discouraged and don’t second guess yourself. YOU KNOW ENOUGH TO PASS - ALL OF YOU DO. Don’t let it psyche you out, remember no matter how tough it seems for you there is someone out there who has it tougher (even compared to me!) So do the best you can and that’s the best you can do.

Good luck everyone and I'll see all you guys/gals on the other side.

Matthies

Take note: This is a class act.

gl

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »
Congrats on being 1/3 (boo california, so glad I am not doing that) or 1/2 of the way done!

rugercaptain

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shirley, Probie, & Sarah--gone to Rainbow Bridge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
Yes, Matthies is definitely a class act, even if he does hate Admin Law.  ;)

Good luck to all, especially to all the Cleveland-Marshall grads taking the bar in Columbus, Ohio this year.
Cleveland-Marshall 3L.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »
man that was brutal we started at 7Am and finshed at 6PM. BRUTAL
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 10:21:27 PM »
I'm still a little shell-shocked from essays today.  Not what I expected.  I'm just thanking my lucky stars that my job gives me another try or two before they boot me, LOL.

Everyone remember to always mark "B" tomorrow ;)
Fed gov't atty

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 12:16:43 PM »
man that was brutal we started at 7Am and finshed at 6PM. BRUTAL

what state is that?  Sounds miserable.

Ugh, 3 hours left...