Law School Discussion

Exilcest LSD: Where The Rubber Meets The Road

Elephant Lee

• Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
Re: Exilcest LSD: Where The Rubber Meets The Road
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
I think SA was an exile from the original thread--so Excilest is supposed to a superlative (as in the most exiled).

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »
I think SA was an exile from the original thread--so Excilest is supposed to a superlative (as in the most exiled).

Yes, that would make sense. But if you look closely the title of the thread is actually "Exilcest" not "Exilest"

Scentless Apprentice

• My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2009, 11:39:37 AM »
Not to stray too far off this briliantly interesting topic, but what exactly is the term "Exilcest" meant to represent? Exile + Incest?

Hi Thales. I seriously hope you're not trying to insult me or my thread with your comment above. If you've started any brilliantly intersting topics on this board, I'm yet to see them.

On Exilcest, it's a comment on the fact that many of the original Exiler's have met each other in real life, or are Facebook friends, or some s-hit. I think this is a factor in the watered down nature of that thread. I think when people maintain their anonymity, they're able to be a little more honest about things.

I think it makes sense. If you go back a few pages, you'll see a lengthy discussion on anonymity and the interent, which is actually very interesitng, with excellent posts by Miss P and .Chuck.

Good day, eh. 

Scentless Apprentice

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2009, 11:45:22 AM »
Elephant is correct that I was somewhat of an exile from the original Exile thread. I made some waves in the pool, was semi-rude to some people, and most of the regular (used to be regular) posters of that thread just ignore me, or openly dislike me. I've since apologized for my antagonizing remarks. So I started my own thread where I can say whatever I want, and I invite others to do the same.

You must have somewhat of an interest since you asked about the name. Just read the whole thread..it's only 8 pages. It's like picking up a book on page 110..and asking what it's about. 

I'm a big fan of yours, and I hope that you participate in Exilcest discussions.

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2009, 01:17:43 PM »
I wasn't attempting to belittle you or your thread - I was genuinely interested in your reasons for choosing the particular term "Exilcest" for this thread because I have yet to see it anywhere else.

Scentless Apprentice

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2009, 02:15:45 PM »
Oh, ok, thanks for the clarification.

Side note: I don't think it's too much of a stretch to consider this quote: "Not to stray too far off this briliantly interesting topic", as being sarcastic.

I hope you stop by sometime soon!

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
I was being sarcastic. But in a facetious, not hostile, way.

Scentless Apprentice

• View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2009, 04:38:55 PM »
Oh, that was facetious? Who knew. Sarcasm implies negativity and/or ridicule, no matter how in jest it may be.

Now I suggest you do yourself a favor and go post your incredibly insightful comments in some other thread.

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »

Welcome!

It's my intent that the posters in this thread feel comfortable to discuss whatever they'd like, without the need to be concerned about what anyone else thinks. There are no negative repercussions for posting in this thread.

Now I suggest you do yourself a favor and go post your incredibly insightful comments in some other thread.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Matthies

• View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2009, 05:25:30 PM »
Oh, that was facetious? Who knew. Sarcasm implies negativity and/or ridicule, no matter how in jest it may be.

remeber that post I made about not getting to excited/reading stuff into other posts too much. BREATH, GO TO HAPPY PLACE