Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SUMMON: Posters that know stuff about 2L hiring. (Mass Mailing)  (Read 1581 times)

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Different firms seem to require different things -

All firms ask for Resume + Cover Letter

Some ask for transcript

Some ask for UGrad transcript

Some ask for writing sample

Some ask for a combination of the above.

Is it an autoding if you don't include some of the above materials if asked? It would be very difficult to mass-mail firms if I have to individually prepare every packet with different items. Advice?

EDIT: Reposted from XOXO.

hawkpilot

• View Profile
Re: SUMMON: Posters that know stuff about 2L hiring. (Mass Mailing)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 09:26:19 PM »
I mass mailed last week with cover letter, 1L transcript, and resume.  I sent one out last friday, to my top choice who is not at my school's OCI, and was emailed about in interview on Tuesday.  I sent the rest out on Tuesday and haven't heard anything back.  I would say go with at least cover letter and resume.  If a firm doesn't like what it sees from that, it will not waste time reading a writing sample and you'd be out the extra few dimes it cost to mail the additional weight.  My two cents.

bryan9584

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:57:43 PM »
Most only ask for cover letter, resume, and transcript, especially to screen out who they choose to interview. They might ask you to bring a writing sample or eventually ask to see a copy of your undergrad transcript.

Number81

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 01:14:44 AM »
Woah, Hawk, you got an interview from a mass mail ITE already?  Well done.  I have received 50+ rejections from mostly midlaw firms, and my top 5% friend has received only rejections from a bunch of V100 firms.  Glad to see that at least some places are responding positively.
Emory 2L
LSN

hawkpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 08:05:11 AM »
Well, like I said, it waa the first resume I sent out, so  hope it is not an outlier in the whole process.