Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does your Undergrad College matter for GPA? How about upwards trends?  (Read 3578 times)

coldbeverage

• View Profile
I've got a 3.5 right now at a top 3 college. I bombed my freshman year, but have been improving my grades steadily. I figure I can hit a mid 3.6 by end of junior year, and if I'm really good, a 3.7 by first semester senior year.

Question: Will Law Schools care about an upward trend, or give me some leeway because of the college I attend?

I'm almost positive I could be pulling a 4.0 if I had opted for scholarship at my local university, given some of my friend's grades..don't mean to sound like an ass, but it seems a bit unfair. But that's life, I suppose.

Thanks.

hopefulsplitter28

• View Profile
Re: Does your Undergrad College matter for GPA? How about upwards trends?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »
college undergrad counts

and an upward trend is good, but some schools make sure that trend is not from easy courses (cornell said that)

oceansmarine

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Does your Undergrad College matter for GPA? How about upwards trends?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »
First and foremest: Earn a degree within your field of Interest.  We designed the process to ensure that you would not come out with a worthless degree.  If you desire law school, your GPA will be leveraged by LSDAS (on a 4.0 scale) with your test score LSAT (180 = 4.0/179 -3.95/120=1.0 etc......)  to benchmark the adjusted GPA.

As for finances.  Plan on your worse case scenario.  You are heading back home to start you legal profession and that you will not be offered a job.  If you can stomach that thought, your home free and keep in mind that you have a identifiable potential in law school in respects to GPA.   Articles:  'Fixing law school admissions' Wesleyan Argus University paper Google and then click on Web. A Good Summary of the situation based on GPA, employment and the objectives of the old council.

Law School is a business and they offer no money back guarantees should you fail financially after graduation !!   Never attend a law school without getting your BA first !! It's all about employment.