Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: no follow-up?  (Read 619 times)

asiangirl

• View Profile
    • Email
no follow-up?
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:51:29 PM »
I sent my resume and transcript to a firm and a week later their secretary called me up to schedule an interview  for me to meet with the partners. she asked me what would work best for them, and I replied I would try to accommodate their schedules. She said she would get back to me.
I got the call on monday, and today I still have not heard back from her. I don't want so sound needy and I figure out if they don't want me it's no good trying to press them further.

wtf? if they are not hiring they should at least get back to me and let me know!

USC313

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: no follow-up?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 10:58:35 PM »
Dude, call the secretary back, remind her that she called you, and set up an interview time. Obviously it wasn't her that made the decision to call you in the first place. Firms are busy places, and sometimes a job prospect and interview times are not at the top of their agendas. You're giving up waaay to easily--hustle a little bit.

asiangirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
I called them a while ago and the secretary was apparently waiting to hear back from 1 or 2 partners.

I am still pretty worried that the delay has been due to my sub-par credentials. I don't wanna sound desperate ... oh well.

thanks for your helpful remark.

hawkpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:52:17 PM »
No worries.  I am in the same boat.  I sent my resume and was invited for an interview via email.  The recruiting contact told me to send her a day and she would try to set it up.  That was on Wednesday and I haven't heard back.  I am planning on calling next Tuesday if I don't hear anything back.  From what I've heard about interviews, they have to deconflict several people's schedules and that can take some time.  Congrats on the interview and I hope it goes well.