Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Examsoft issue- speakers  (Read 2484 times)

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Examsoft issue- speakers
« on: July 23, 2009, 06:38:07 PM »
I downloaded the ExamSoft software and did a practice test on it.  Ever since then, my speakers and headphone jack don't put out audio.  I've tried adjusting my speaker settings, to no avail.  My headphones work fine on my MP3 player, so I know it's not they're not broken.  Anyone else dealt with this?
Fed gov't atty

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Examsoft issue- speakers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »
Just figured  it out.  Apparently, you just need to turn your speaker volume all the way up and then re-adjust before any sound comes out.  Odd bug.
Fed gov't atty

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:06:08 PM »
I did not have this issue, maybe update your drivers?
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »
I had this problem as well.  Apparently, Examsoft turns down the volume so that the noise won't interrupt other test takers if your computer reboots during the exam.  I know you fixed it already, but for future readers, it's pretty easy (at least on a PC).  Go to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices.  Under Device Volume, click on "Advanced."  Move the bar up to the top, and click out.

(Thanks to the IT department at, I believe, the University of Iowa for putting this up online so I didn't have to deal with bringing my computer into IT.)
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

ryanjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 09:05:30 PM »
On a side note, how much did examsoft charge you guys? I thought the fee was rather high considering it's only a limited one-time use license and doesn't really do much besides act as a basic word processor with security features.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 09:17:21 PM »
On a side note, how much did examsoft charge you guys? I thought the fee was rather high considering it's only a limited one-time use license and doesn't really do much besides act as a basic word processor with security features.

I think it was $100 (NY).
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 09:24:02 PM »
IL was $100.  I've heard of other states charging between $50 to $150.
Fed gov't atty

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 07:56:46 AM »
$100 in CO
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.