Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Maryland Law  (Read 809 times)

rene_descartes

• View Profile
    • Email
Maryland Law
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »
Hi everyone

I have committed myself to attending UMD-Law. I got into a few achools in mid-west but decided to come back to the east coast. What does everyone think of Maryland Law in general?

Hdot

• View Profile
Re: Maryland Law
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 12:55:36 PM »
I think that UMD is a good bet if you know you want to practice in Maryland.  As far as out of state opportunities I think you are going to be very limited unless you are towards the top of the class. 

You mention in your original post that you decided to "come back" to the east coast.  I am assuming that you are from here originally?  Just out of curiousity, where did you go for your 1L year and what were the other choices you were considering in addition to UMD?

I am actually doing the opposite of you.  I am heading out west from the east coast.

rene_descartes

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Maryland Law
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:12:28 PM »
i'm actually quite surprised by my acceptance to MD. I didn't think I stood a chance. Up until yesterday, I was ready to go to Chicago-Kent and I started looking for housing in Chicago.The other schools i applied were DePaul, CK, Case Western (which I never heard from. I want to eventually practice patent law. MD is in a great location for that. I'm transferring from a T3 IP school. I'm just happy I got in.