Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: any gulc waitlist movement?  (Read 3426 times)

gmasonlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
any gulc waitlist movement?
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
hey guys, anyone on the waitlist get an offer?  :-[

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: any gulc waitlist movement?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:19:22 AM »
thanks for starting this thread.

No gulc W/L movement yet. :( I know at least 5 people on W/L and none have heard anything. The deposits were due 7/16 I am sure they are waiting to see how many mailed those in. Also, since the top 13 schools have been stingy with acceptances this year (as compared to the previous years) there has not been much movement. Many GULC committed will only withdraw if they get in HYS etc. The goods is that GULC usually welcomes a big transfer class of 100 students or so, so chances are good on W/L there than they would be anywhere else in the country.

The bad news, however, is that OCI bidding deadline at GULC is this Friday 7/24. So not sure what admissions is thinking, but more people may withdraw from W/L or if offered, based simply on the fact that they can't interview (atleast not through OCI) which is a huge disadvantage.

transferchica

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 09:48:45 AM »
I withdrew this week from the "Preferred" WL, and the out of office response from the Admissions Representative who is coordinating the waitlist says she's out all week (through 7/24).  I can't imagine there's going to be any movement until after then?

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »
thank you transferchica for the info and for withdrawing, where are you heading off to? columbia or something?

transferchica

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 10:18:20 AM »
As of right now, NYU, but I'm waiting on Columbia (application is STILL "Completion Pending"--argh!).  I also applied to YHS, but don't think I have any chance there.

scoop333

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »
I was on the GULC waitlist last year.  If you are on the Preferred Wait List you should be hearing something by the end of the month (July), if on the regular Wait List you most likely will not hear back until mid-late August.

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 02:35:46 PM »
hello scoop, Thanks for posting! I have sent you an email asking a few questions about your experience. If you dont mind, can you please respond?

keepingiton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »
Does statuschecker go decision before a waitlist letter arrives, or stay complete? Any waitlist movement of late?

raheeltransfers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 02:09:03 AM »
Yes the status checker will say "decision" even when you go on a W/L. When and if you are admitted off W/L, the statues checker does not change: stays only showing "decision".
I have not heard whether anyone has been admitted off W/L yet, if anyone heard anything, please post here! thanks!

gmasonlaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »
Hi. What is difference between Priority Waitlist and Regular Waitlist?  I am on the Priority Waitlist, but my friend is on the Regular Waitlist.  His Regular Waitlist letter says that the Waitlist is "unranked" and GULC will immediately call him as soon as any spot opens up.  Any thoughts on this?  How can the Regular Waitlist be unranked if there is a priority waitlist?