Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer to USD  (Read 1207 times)

stefan513

• View Profile
    • Email
Transfer to USD
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:11:43 PM »
Applying to USD- application was complete a while ago and still have not heard. Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

I am top 19% at a T4, and supposedly the top 20% walk right in, but I don't think it's a good sign I haven't heard back yet. Any input?

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer to USD
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:21:14 PM »
Call the school.

stefan513

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »
I have. One girl told me 2-4 weeks (which is cutting it real close with the start of my second year at my current school), and some other dude said that I could find out all the way up until the first day of classes (f that).

Someone there also told me that the first wave of notifications already went out. Any speculation upon what this might mean?

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »
First wave means they send out acceptances, and see how many people actually enroll or put down a deposit. If some of those people elect not to attend, then they send out more acceptances if they need to. At least that's how it works at a lot of schools. You could wait as long as you can, then try calling again.

Good luck.

stefan513

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 09:55:59 PM »
Thanks. I might just call tomorrow and demand they tell me something useful, haha.

stefan513

• View Profile
    • Email
UPDATE
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »
For those of you interested in USD, here is what a buddy of mine who called admissions today found out: a majority of notifications will be sent out next Wednesday. Also, the rumor that the top 20% from Cal Western and TJ are practically in, has a lot of merit when looking at last year's numbers. Hope this alleviates some stress for those in a similar situation.