Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Transfer Book- The Art of the Law School Transfer  (Read 17592 times)

stinger35

• View Profile
Re: Law School Transfer Book- The Art of the Law School Transfer
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 02:57:23 PM »
I am having so much trouble with my transfer personal statement that I am thinking about not even applying, despite a 3.94. I honestly have been writing different versions of one since February and just can't seem to get it right. No clue what to do.

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 05:41:50 PM »
I am having so much trouble with my transfer personal statement that I am thinking about not even applying, despite a 3.94. I honestly have been writing different versions of one since February and just can't seem to get it right. No clue what to do.

Stinger -

Don't dispair, and don't not apply.  This is important, and it can make a BIG difference, in many ways. 

Two possibilities.  First, think of your qualities: why are you transferring, why did you do well, why are you looking to better your educational opportunities, and so on.  This is not for the statement.  This is for you.  Some aspects will start to click, and those will draw in even better connections for your statement.

Second, I'll contact the authors of Art of the Law School Transfer.  Perhaps they can offer additional pointers.

Thane.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2010, 08:24:34 PM »
Remember, the worst they can say is no, if you dont do it at all you get the same responce. Might as well try.

A wise man once said "If you suddenly discover yourself plumeting off a cliff, you might as well attempt to fly, afterall what do you have to lose?"
 ;)

scoop333

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »
Regarding your Transfer Statement... Keep it short and simple.  Follow some of the same parameters that you did with your Personal Statement in your 1L app.  Limit it to two pages, try and separate yourself from the rest of the class while interweaving why you want to attend that specific school.  The Transfer Statement is important because it could put you over the edge and into the school you always wanted to go to.  Good Luck!!

Joe B

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2010, 12:10:05 PM »
This book is a MUST READ for any student attempting to transfer. The book is basically a complete roadmap for transferring (provides advice before you even start law school…up until when you are accepted at your new law school). This book is extremely reliable. As you will see, there are frequent interviews with deans from various schools included in the book. Don’t waste your precious time by researching unreliable blogs and forums. This book cuts right to the chase and provides everything you need. This year I transferred from a Tier 4 School to a Tier 1 Law School. I can honestly say that this book was a major contributing factor to my acceptance! Thank you Seth and Andrew! Good luck guys!!

scoop333

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 06:10:51 AM »
Thank you for the support Joe.  When Andrew and I set out to write the book, providing a roadmap from beginning to end was exactly what we wanted to do.  We are glad the book was so useful to you.  We look forward to hearing more about other successful transfer stories, and always welcome transfer questions.  Good luck to the 2010 transfer class!!

Seth

JD_LawSchool

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »
Thanks Joe.  Seth and I (and Thane) really appreciate the support.  Believe it or not, we wanted this book to be a practical guide that was useful - not just babble law school theory hoping it would sell.  This is by no means a substantial money making book for us.  We really felt there was a need to help students transfer - and change their law careers for life.  Transferring is a difficult process, and certain unknown intricacies can ruin an application.  You need to target an application for a target school for specific reasons - generics won't fly in the transfer game.  If you, or anyone on this board have questions, please feel free to PM us directly.  Going from T4 to T1 can literally change your life, and future.  Good luck to the transfer class!  Please provide us with feedback whenever you can - whether its positive or constructive criticism.  We are out of law school now, we are here to help you to the best of our abilities. 

JD_LawSchool

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2011, 03:21:35 PM »
How's the transfer process going for all?  Any questions?  Anyone interested in a free copy of our book?  I have two sitting around.

kjw5029

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 10:32:12 PM »
I bought your book last year (rather my dad got it for me) and a lot of hit was helpful.  I found the tables with school data to be the most helpful.  Much easier than searching individual school's websites or lsac. 

JD_LawSchool

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »
I bought your book last year (rather my dad got it for me) and a lot of hit was helpful.  I found the tables with school data to be the most helpful.  Much easier than searching individual school's websites or lsac.

Thank you KJ.  That took the most time.  Constantly contacting schools for their data.  I am glad the book was helpful.

Anyone else in the transfer market these days?  I know grades and rank come out in a month or so.  Time to start prepping those applications so they are specific and on point.