Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When to start LEEWS  (Read 918 times)

t4bound

• View Profile
    • Email
When to start LEEWS
« on: July 19, 2009, 01:10:30 PM »
I have the LEEWS material but am not sure if the material is to be used in conjuction with my semester in law school or is it used before law school?  Has anyone had any experience with this?  Do I need to wait until the semester starts or do I need to be digging into in now?

big - fat - box

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: When to start LEEWS
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
I did it during my first week of law school. Ideally you'd want to do it a week before law school starts. Make sure sure you sit down with headphones in the library with the workbooks and follow the directions. If you try to listen while jogging or driving or whatever, well, you just wasted your money.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
I just finished it this week, and plan on doing a refresher some time during the semester.  (My orientation starts mid-August, so I wanted it out of the way.)
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

| J |

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
I just graduated from law school.

I would say do it before classes start, then again midway through the semester.

I say this because you may feel overwhelmed during the course of the semester and not get to it.

Even better, get Barbri materials.  It'll really help with the first year, and it'll help teach you how to write a law school exam. If I had taken Barbri going into my first year of law school, I'm sure I would have aced everything.  Your school library may have the materials.  Mine did, but I didn't know how to make good use of them.
USD '09.  Sunny San Diego, baby!