Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is there any hope of getting off the waitlist this late in the game?  (Read 1151 times)

wvu10is

• View Profile
Got accepted to my second choice so I am not be too disappointed with the way things have gone, but I have been on the waitlist for my top choice since April. There have been three updates all of them saying the class is full. However, the school is keeping the waitlist open until August 10th. Anyone out there in a similar position, or who has some experience with this I would love to here from you. I am not holding my breath for an offer but I would like to hear there is hope at this point.

Yours Truly,
Waiting to get off waitlist

swc5018

• View Profile
Re: Is there any hope of getting off the waitlist this late in the game?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 09:48:32 AM »
I just got a call from Temple last week telling me a seat opened up, so maybe there is still a chance.

EricN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 01:43:24 PM »
A lot of openings come at deposit time which I think has passed for most places, however you're not the only one waiting to be taken off the wait list at their #1 so I wouldn't give up until August 10th.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 03:27:14 PM »
I've heard of people getting in the first week of school
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 04:15:58 PM »
I've heard of people getting in the first week of school

This happened to me, was offered a spot on the waitlist at anthour school 1 week into classes at the school I enrolled in. So OP hang in there, if you can be verstiale you might get something last min. Send them anouther LOCI and saying that you can go as late as X date (if you can pull it) last min let ins are allmost allways no goes becuase the people can;t move that late, so if you can let them know you can!
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

wvu10is

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »
Thanks for the info. It is nice to hear from someone who actually got in last minute. I guess the good thing is I will know for sure in two weeks. Let's hope for a call!